DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Greg Hardy officially released by the Panthers, and in his tweet to thank the fans, uses #awsome. Improper spelling might belong in the stupidity thread. :)

Fingers crossed, but Revis Island may be coming back to the NYJ, and thusly means I own one Jets jersey with a current player's name on it again!

Oh man, if I'm a team that needs a qb and we trade for Bradford and not draft Mariota, I'd be pissed. There'd have to be hella picks included as well. And a special NASA designed containment suit for Bradford to wear on the field.

• Like 1

Don't buy those Frank Gore Eagle jerseys yet, apparently he has changed his mind and will not be signing with them.  Reportedly now talking to the Colts.

Must have listened to Stephen A., 4 letter is saying that Colts deal is done. . .  Good for you BLR. . . :)

Aww, yeah!

Happydance2.gif

• Like 1

I could totally see Bradford as part of a "Eagles move up in the draft" thing, if that's what they want to do. But couldn't you do that with Foles too?

I'm confused.

Contracts is all I can think. Foles is scheduled to make like $2.5 million next year. Bradford is still on that ludicrous rookie deal so he's making upwards of $10.

I mean teams 2-5 in the draft almost certainly aren't going QB (unless Tennessee and/or Washington decide to do something insane) so the Eagles could realistically move up even though two of their best trade chips (Shady and Foles) are already spent.

Wow. So yeah, disregard my last post. I mean unless Wiz falls in love with Hundley or some other late round QB, I don't see how they pass up Mariota now.

Actually maybe Chip liked Hundley all along. The Eagles sure will be interesting this year because he clearly thinks his system trumps talent and not vice versa.

I could totally see Bradford as part of a "Eagles move up in the draft" thing, if that's what they want to do. But couldn't you do that with Foles too?

I'm confused.

Contracts is all I can think. Foles is scheduled to make like $2.5 million next year. Bradford is still on that ludicrous rookie deal so he's making upwards of $10.

I mean teams 2-5 in the draft almost certainly aren't going QB (unless Tennessee and/or Washington decide to do something insane) so the Eagles could realistically move up even though two of their best trade chips (Shady and Foles) are already spent.

Are you happy now, SAS? He traded a white guy for a Native American!

• Like 3

I mentioned a few times during the regular season I hoped we would get Bradford. He was on a pace for 3,500 yards 30 tds and 12 ints before getting hurt in 2013. On a team with no weapons on offense. I wanted to see what he could do on a team with weapons. Of course with Maclin and McCoy gone I'm not sure we qualify as a team with weapons anymore.

Bradford for Foles is SO insane. What actual evidence is there that Sam Bradford as a QB is worth $10 million a year MORE than Nick Foles? The Rams are contemplating cutting Bradford because he won't renegotiate his ridiculous contract and the Eagles decide to go trade for him? I wasn't on the "Chip Kelly doesn't know what the hell he's doing" bandwagon but now I guess I have to jump on.

Yeah I don't get that.  Guy can't stay on the field.  At all.  Makes five times more than Foles.  And when he was on the field has looked worse than Foles.  What kind of fucked up sense does that make? 

I so wish I could hear the local Philly radio right now.

• Like 1

It's almost like Chip wants to get back to the college game ASAP, the moves the eagles are making don't seem to make sense. And with the reports that Gore had doubts about the Eagles offense as a reason he went to the Colts makes you wonder what's going on in Philly.