DVDVR Message Board

THE INTERVIEW THREAD (Where freedom goes to die)

Elsalvajeloco

Even though my boy Corey Holcomb is in it, I wish cyberterrorism could stop The Wedding Ringer. I really do.

Yeah - this one is really tough for me because it is being directed by a guy I went to High School with and I am kinda sorta still friends with.

But it also has Josh Gad and Kevin Hart in it

Guest The Magnificent 7

That's the thing that is frustrating about this.  This isn't even a hugely subsversive movie that even feels "dangerous" or pushes any boundaries, but the lesson Hollywood will take from this is to make shit even more bland and pedestrian than it already is.  Can't offend anyone, so why even try.  No matter how arthouse you are and don't give a crap about this movie, that should concern you. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

When the exhibitors won't show the movie, Sony is kinda stuck.

Well I'd be going over contract with a fine toothed comb and it would be the proverbial send lawyers, guns, and money moment over something like this.  There is no credible threat of any terrorist activity taking place.  So we're going to let any dumb shit who calls into a theater and threaten violence cancel a movie release? 

Bunch of fucking pussies. 

What is even more frustrating and bullshit, is that WE ARE NOT FUCKING NORTH KOREA. FUCK KIM JONG UN UP HIS ASS WITH TEN THOUSAND HOT POKERS, then set N. Korea as the bad guy for the every movie for the next five year. But that would require balls, so we fold faster than superman on laundry day. . .  GODDAMNIT.

• Like 2

Guest The Magnificent 7

Well I'd be going over contract with a fine toothed comb and it would be the proverbial send lawyers, guns, and money moment over something like this.  There is no credible threat of any terrorist activity taking place.  So we're going to let any dumb shit who calls into a theater and threaten violence cancel a movie release? 

Bunch of fucking pussies. 

Failing that, if I was Sony I'd take the remaining marketing budget and hire a real Expendables team to parachute into North Korea and jack up some shit. 

And yet, Team America exists.

This is such weak sauce. I get that no one wants another TDKR type thing to happen and that's probably the reason why we don't really have midnight showings anymore, but this is ridiculous.

Obama ought to be on the phone to all of them(SOny and the distributors), and telling them to grow a fucking pair, and release it as scheduled. The USA does not FUCKING bow to  terrorists. . . 

Next: in a further attempt to appease our North Korean overlords, Sony will remake and release Taken...starring Kim Jung-un as the iconic bad ass heroic lead.

He will find you, comrade. And he will kill you.  

Come to think of it, I can't be bothered about this upcoming Star Wars episode 7 fuss.

*calls North Korea* "Yeah, do you guys know JJ Abrams kills Kim Jong Un in the new Star Wars movie? Wait, you didn't? Well, he totally does."

World War I - Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated

World War II - Hitler invades Poland

World War III - James Franco and Seth Rogan make a movie

I am more in line with associating Nicki Minaj and her music with the third Reich.

What Craig said. Where was North Korea when fucking Team America: World Police came out?

Apparently junior is more insecure than daddy.

Wasn't there a report that Kim Jung Il actually loved Team America, or did I imagine that?

What Craig said. Where was North Korea when fucking Team America: World Police came out?

Apparently junior is more insecure than daddy.

Wasn't there a report that Kim Jung Il actually loved Team America, or did I imagine that?

The best news is junior could actually be stupid enough to mess with China.

And now CNN has a breaking news thing that this Sony bullshit did indeed come from North Korea. At this point, should movie theater chains just say, "You know what, fuck this guy. Shows on. We're not afraid of this dickless piece of shit. And yes, it's true, that man has no dick."

• Like 2

Thought Sony were the ones who gave them the okay to opt out of showing it if they wanted to.

I think there was talk of suing before Sony gave them the out.

I was reading that North Korea didn't have the internet until 2011? There's no way the hackers are from North Korea. I don't buy that for a second. Maybe they hired a third party or something but come on.

Also, how exactly would "North Korea" plan an attack on our movie theaters on American soil? Are they deep in the U.S.? Do they have connections here? I doubt it.

Oh and as for Team America. That was like ten years ago. We didn't hear about these kinds of cyber attacks back then. There weren't the capabilities and everything wasn't digital then.