DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

STL-area indy shows in December:

Friday 12/5:  St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL(A.C.H. vs. Kyle O'Reilly, Johnny Gargano, Arik Cannon, Candice LeRae); Pro Wrestling Epic in Pontoon Beach, IL
Saturday 12/6:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO; MMWA in St. Louis, MO
Saturday 12/13:  SICW in East Carondelet, IL (Jim Cornette appearing)
Sunday 12/28:  High Risk Wrestling in Belleville, IL(A.C.H. vs. Ricochet, Michael Elgin vs. Uhaa Nation, reDRagon vs. Colony, Jigsaw vs. Chuck Taylor, Arik Cannon vs. Jonathan Gresham, Moose, Shane Hollister, Tony Kozina)

Somehow it is December already.

Of course - many of you might not have noticed since y'all are watching New Japan World.

Or masturbating to CM Punk

Why not both?

*insert pic of Ortega Taco Girl here since I can't on mobile*

• Like 1

STL-area indy shows in December:

Friday 12/5:  St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL(A.C.H. vs. Kyle O'Reilly, Johnny Gargano, Arik Cannon, Candice LeRae); Pro Wrestling Epic in Pontoon Beach, IL

Saturday 12/6:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO; MMWA in St. Louis, MO

Saturday 12/13:  SICW in East Carondelet, IL (Jim Cornette appearing)

Sunday 12/28:  High Risk Wrestling in Belleville, IL(A.C.H. vs. Ricochet, Michael Elgin vs. Uhaa Nation, reDRagon vs. Colony, Jigsaw vs. Chuck Taylor, Arik Cannon vs. Jonathan Gresham, Moose, Shane Hollister, Tony Kozina)

Can I say, I really appreciate these posts, even if I rarely get down to The Loo to partake

Stupid question, but are they doing an English version of this and will the programs be subtitled or translated? Granted that the Lariat transcends language, it'd still nice to know what's going on.

I assume they both work face. There's no way Bruno would work heel, even if bitter old man Bruno would've been a great late 80s heel character. 

Hogan/Warrior was in 90 so Vince would have to run the same formula a couple of years ago. You can run with the ready-made divide of older fans backing Bruno and their kids backing Hogan and even show a couple of cheesy vignettes of dads arguing with their kids about who was better. It'd be like my childhood where no matter who was champion, my dad would swear that Bruno could kick their ass. 

Stupid question, but are they doing an English version of this and will the programs be subtitled or translated? Granted that the Lariat transcends language, it'd still nice to know what's going on.

Not yet.  Like Rippa said, using English translate in Chrome makes it easy to navigate the site, but everything right now is in it's original format.

I'm interested in NJPW World, but not until there's a Roku or PS4 app. I'm not into using the HDMI cable to watch on TV via my laptop; I usually like to use my laptop while watching TV, actually. 

I hope that happens soon because I would love to more closely follow NJPW. 

• Like 2

I assume they both work face. There's no way Bruno would work heel, even if bitter old man Bruno would've been a great late 80s heel character. 

Hogan/Warrior was in 90 so Vince would have to run the same formula a couple of years ago. You can run with the ready-made divide of older fans backing Bruno and their kids backing Hogan and even show a couple of cheesy vignettes of dads arguing with their kids about who was better. It'd be like my childhood where no matter who was champion, my dad would swear that Bruno could kick their ass. 

If they ever ran Hogan vs. Bruno at MSG, the old folks in the crowd would have drowned out all the kids by booing Hogan. God that would have been amazing to see.

My Uncle Carmine (who hasn't watched wrestling in ages) once said "there hasn't been a good wrestler since Bruno".

Had this dream last night. I'm at this fair and there's a swimming pool, anyway everybody had to get out the pool because people were smoking (?). So I get out and there's Ryback, in full red wrestling attire, standing looking gormless.

So I go over and chat and he's a really nice dude, except that he can only talk about food. So we had a good chat about all the best meals we've had recently, and he's all "da big guy snacked at around 11.30, several chickens were lost in the conflict" and we have a good laugh.

So all this talk of food gets us peckish and we head over to the hotdog stand and get something. But when we sit down to eat suddenly it's Sheamus, and I have to act like I'm not disappointed to not hurt his feelings. He's like "enjoying the fair, fella?" But I can't help but miss my Ry-Ry and just wake up instead.

Stupid Sheamus.

• Like 5

So I go over and chat and he's a really nice dude, except that he can only talk about food. So we had a good chat about all the best meals we've had recently, and he's all "da big guy snacked at around 11.30, several chickens were lost in the conflict" and we have a good laugh.

Amazing

Me and my friends have been coming up with stupid wrestler/musician mashups on my Facebook for the past couple of days. Standouts so far:

• Peter Andre the Giant
  • Greg the MC Hammer Valentine
  • Sting
  • Bad Ass Billy Guns and Roses
  • Dusty Springfield Rhodes
  • Macho Man Randy Savage Garden.
  • Hardy Boyz II Men
  • Neil Diamond Dallas Page
  • The Texas Tornado Kerry Von Erich Clapton
  • Doink the insane clown posse
  • Stone Coldplay
  • Fleetwood Vince McMahon