DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I think we can all agree that Orton is going to come back huge with the crowd going batshit for him to RKO shit out of nowhere..and they should do exactly that. A month of Randy running around whatever city Raw or Smackdown is in that week RKO-ing the shit out of things out of nowhere.

That shit cracks me up. Call me simple.

That shit would be cool, but we would need Randy to explain why in a 25 minute promo at the beginning of each RAW, otherwise he is RKOing people just for the sake of RKOing people.

Positively Orton

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that Orton is going to come back huge with the crowd going batshit for him to RKO shit out of nowhere..and they should do exactly that. A month of Randy running around whatever city Raw or Smackdown is in that week RKO-ing the shit out of things out of nowhere.

That shit cracks me up. Call me simple.

That shit would be cool, but we would need Randy to explain why in a 25 minute promo at the beginning of each RAW, otherwise he is RKOing people just for the sake of RKOing people.

Positively Orton

Vintage Orton, even.

• Like 1

Watching Raw got me thinking, what wrestler has most suffered another wrestler's finisher? John Cena must have given Kane the AA literally thousands of times by now. Only other one I could think of was Cena again, this time the victim was Edge, who I remember got thrown around a silly amount during their seemingly never-ending feuds. What you all got?

Watching Raw got me thinking, what wrestler has most suffered another wrestler's finisher? John Cena must have given Kane the AA literally thousands of times by now. Only other one I could think of was Cena again, this time the victim was Edge, who I remember got thrown around a silly amount during their seemingly never-ending feuds. What you all got?

Triple H has probably eaten a ton of superkicks from HBK. Also, I remember when Big Show turned face for the first time, Trips got chokeslammed on a seemingly weekly basis. I remember my friend, who was a casual fan at best, used to refer to Triple H as "Big Show's Chokeslam Bitch".

How many Bionic Elbows did Dusty give Flair?

How many times did Flair put Steamboat in the figure four?

We're starting to get into philosophical territory. How many elbows did Dusty give Flair? How many times did Flair put Steamboat in the figure four? How many elbows did Macho Man drop?

More than there are grains of sand on a beach, my friend.

Dust.

Wind.

Dude.

• Like 3

I can explain how Russian Leg Sweeps and Downward Spirals work too.

Sure, but can you explain why Sabu's opponents hold on to the ropes so he can legdrop them?

Sabu is beyond me. I think he's some sort of space/time vortex possessing a human form. We can only perceive one aspect of him with our feeble human minds and the video cameras that Public Enemy stole from the next door public access show for ECW TV.

You hang on to the rope because the alternative is going to hurt much more. 

People have escaped Orton's ddt, but at the same time he is a large man holding you in a front face lock. If he drops as you are trying toi escape you might break your neck.

Question about CM Punk's contract: He said he completed all of his obligated dates and still had six months left on his contract. How often does that happen? Was he just working a lot or is that more the norm than it seems?

The only other time I've really heard of this is with Sting.  Supposedly, one of the reasons they did the Crow Sting/nWo angle and had Sting sit in the rafters of tv events for a year is that he had worked all/almost all of his required dates and they needed to come up with a way to keep using him without exceeding the contracted number of dates by a wide margin.

I would expect  this happens somewhat often with uppercarders.

I was in Vegas over the weekend and stayed at Mandalay Bay, where they will be doing a RAW in early January. They play an ad on the phone system while you're on hold. The top guy advertised and theme played during the ad? Dean Ambrose. Pretty cool!

Has anyone ever ordered from ajsbelts.com? I tried looking up user reviews as I was interested in buying the NWA Title from them at a good price.

I did. Decent belt and it came when they said it would HOWEVER they are shitty when it comes to communication.

Has anyone ever ordered from ajsbelts.com? I tried looking up user reviews as I was interested in buying the NWA Title from them at a good price.

I did. Decent belt and it came when they said it would HOWEVER they are shitty when it comes to communication.
That was one the major complaints I saw about them. I was more concerned about their quality and shipping as I saw some people claim that their quality was shoddy.

Out of curiosity, which title belt did you purchase from them?

That was one the major complaints I saw about them. I was more concerned about their quality and shipping as I saw some people claim that their quality was shoddy.

Out of curiosity, which title belt did you purchase from them?

I got the domed globe NWA title. It's not as nice as the newer deluxe versions of the belt that the NWA is now licensing BUT I'd guess the belt in my studio is very close to what Adam Pearce was carrying for years.

• Like 1