DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

This has to be the craziest 30 days stretch in memory.

Sting debuting, the Punk podcast, the Vince podcast, Punk to MMA, NJPW World, NJPW TV in US. Takeover being so much fun. TNA going to Destination America was in the last month too.

Some months something like Del Rio to ROH would be the biggest story. It's barely a blip right now.

Yes, nxt having a good show is much crazier than a murder/suicide involving a legendary wrestler.
Here, lemme give this a go for you:

This has to be the craziest 30 days stretch in memory, that we don't try to actively ignore.

There you go. Thank you. I just thought the post was silly considering the shock of that a short seven years ago.

Did anything else happen that month? I think it is very clear Matt meant shit that actually happened in wrestling. Not some guy murdering his family.

I know when I think of memorable wrestling stories my brain does not go to "Oh yeah that guy murdering his wife and kid. Good times."

I swear I'm in bizarro world around here. I didn't say it was "good times", and almost every single thing the guy mentioned did not happen in the ring (doing a podcast?????). Are you that immature that you can't even think of a horrible act and put it in perspective?

He said it was the craziest month in memory in wrestling. Unless his memory only goes back six years, I can think of a much more crazy one.

I'm not sure what happened to this website, it seems to have changed for the worse quickly and become an offshoot of the horrible wreddit group. Most of the good posters that want to discuss wrestling, not fantasy book (you are all horrible bookers) and have some credibility have left. I am not the only person that has said it. All that is left are you messes, copying links, pics and ideas from elsewhere, horrible. Good luck.

This argument is a ridiculous waste of time. All I knows is that I haven't felt like watching wrestling outside of the WWE PPV and the NXT show was the kick in the nuts I needed to get my wrestling fandom back on track.

He said it was the craziest month in memory in wrestling. Unless his memory only goes back six years, I can think of a much more crazy one.

I kinda see your point, but, on that basis, every conversation about the week/month/year in wrestling should go "Well, that was interesting..... but not as interesting as that time X killed someone/OD'ed on drugs/robbed a bank/etc."  Cause wrestling is a screwed up business.  You can throw a dart at a calendar and usually land on a date where some wrestler got noticed for doing something illegal or dying unexpectedly.

Do people frame conversations in May by bringing up "that time Jimmy Snuka might have killed his girlfriend" (allegedly)?

I think the biggest match you could possibly have at Wrestlemania today would be Daniel Bryan vs. a heel John Cena.

I know, I know, it will never happen, but they kind of already laid the groundwork for a Cena heelturn with him being the only one who can bring back the Authority.

Not that I think they would do it, but Cena being so "concerned for Bryan's health" that he brings back The Authority to stop him from wrestling would be $.

• Like 1