DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

They should just replace Smackdown with NXT and let HHH and whomever else run it. I doubt that Vince would stay hands off if it was on network television, though. 

he was alot less hands on during the Smackdown 6 era creatively he let Heyman do his thing.

Or they can run the Second hour of Raw like NXT and see how the ratings go.

Who is the fat guy in the mask wrestling Jarrett?

Awesome Kong

Who actually had a cup of coffee with WCW.  1993 WCW was such a curious mix of awesomeness like Vader, Dustin, and Rude, and utter uselessness like the Shockmaster, Charlie Norris, Big Sky, and the Cole twins.

I joked about an NXT invasion angle in the NXT thread on Thursday after the show, but a lot of people both here and elsewhere seem to think that putting those guys on TV is going to be some sort of magic bullet for the main shows, and unfortunately I don't think that would be the case.

If they want to improve Smackdown, they should call up the NXT creatives rather than the wrestlers.

SD! and NXT already swapped head writers like two months ago, I think. Which I guess means the positions are mostly meaningless.

I say use the minimal amount of writers possible. I mean you got enough writers then Agents and even a few wrestlers getting in Vince's ear. Thats alot of indecisiveness for a 69 year old running  hours of TV a week.  

Who is the fat guy in the mask wrestling Jarrett?

Awesome Kong

Who actually had a cup of coffee with WCW.  1993 WCW was such a curious mix of awesomeness like Vader, Dustin, and Rude, and utter uselessness like the Shockmaster, Charlie Norris, Big Sky, and the Cole twins.

Saw this and immediately thought "When the fuck did she work with WCW?"

Completely random note, but noticed the other day Shayna Bazler was at PWG.  I mentioned on Twitter that her in wrestling would rule.  Somewhat surprisingly, she liked that.

Going off of that, with the Punk situation will there ever be another time where UFC people are allowed or featured at WWE events?  The Four Horsewomen at Summerslam was awesome, but will they allow that to happen again?  It's apparent she's a hardcore wrestling fan and I'd be down with her getting involved.  If not WWE, then somebody else.

I agree that it'd be cool to see if any of them got involved in wrestling. Jessamyn Duke was with her there, posting about the card and a pic of her with Adam Cole. I'd think they'll still attend WWE shows when in town.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else. This was posted on Reddit by WWE Insider MetsFan4Ever:

Coming out of the PPV last night, I've been told many in the company are not happy with the end result. While many knew it would be tough to top the NXT show, there were people who thought it could be pulled off. There have been rumblings that some talent knew they couldn't top NXT so in a silent protest in favor of Triple H, some superstars were described "mailing in" their matches last night. Many are in favor of Triple H and what he has done with the NXT product and feel it is time for Triple H to take the lead on the main roster. John Cena held a talent meeting about an hour ago which was described to me as forceful yet calm in his approach. Cena stressed that a silent protest is not what the roster needs. Instead, they need to go out there and start stepping it up every night for their point to be proven.

Speaking of that

--Apparently Matt Striker will co-host the Tokyo Dome PPV with Jim Ross.  That has not been confirmed, but it did come from one person close to the negotiations and situation, and the person I expected to get it told me he was told on Saturday that he was told he was out of the running.

That has to be either Mauro Ranallo or Josh Barnett right?

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else. This was posted on Reddit by WWE Insider MetsFan4Ever:

Coming out of the PPV last night, I've been told many in the company are not happy with the end result. While many knew it would be tough to top the NXT show, there were people who thought it could be pulled off. There have been rumblings that some talent knew they couldn't top NXT so in a silent protest in favor of Triple H, some superstars were described "mailing in" their matches last night. Many are in favor of Triple H and what he has done with the NXT product and feel it is time for Triple H to take the lead on the main roster. John Cena held a talent meeting about an hour ago which was described to me as forceful yet calm in his approach. Cena stressed that a silent protest is not what the roster needs. Instead, they need to go out there and start stepping it up every night for their point to be proven.

I'm not sure how reliable this source is as I'm not on Reddit or know who the "insiders" are.  But if Cena is saying stuff like that that's indicating to me he's firmly siding with Vince.  And it's going to take a lot before Vince will let HHH take over.  On top of the obvious, they'll use the stock and its shareholders as reasons to keep Vince where he is.

I thought Mauro had already been confirmed?  Man, what a massive step down if it's Striker.

Well Mauro and Barnett are doing the New Japan TV show

This is specifically the PPV and more specifically Jarrett's version of it.

I am just figuring because both are already going to be doing English voice over for New Japan - plus it isn't a stretch to believe Mauro would be a source for Dave

Completely random note, but noticed the other day Shayna Bazler was at PWG.  I mentioned on Twitter that her in wrestling would rule.  Somewhat surprisingly, she liked that.

Going off of that, with the Punk situation will there ever be another time where UFC people are allowed or featured at WWE events?  The Four Horsewomen at Summerslam was awesome, but will they allow that to happen again?  It's apparent she's a hardcore wrestling fan and I'd be down with her getting involved.  If not WWE, then somebody else.

I agree that it'd be cool to see if any of them got involved in wrestling. Jessamyn Duke was with her there, posting about the card and a pic of her with Adam Cole. I'd think they'll still attend WWE shows when in town.

Yeah, Shayna ended up getting all the rest of them (Ronda, Jessamyn, Marina) into wrestling after the TUF season. A friend of mine is a manager at Marina's dayjob so I ended up hearing about them being at PWG before through her.

• Like 1

It's one thing for them in WWE, but if somebody like PWG could somehow get them involved that'd put a lot of eyes on their company.  Not sure if they want or need that as PWG has a helluva following already.  But the 4 Horsewomen supporting a wrestler for one night wouldn't hurt.

I'm not sure how reliable this source is as I'm not on Reddit or know who the "insiders" are.  But if Cena is saying stuff like that that's indicating to me he's firmly siding with Vince.  And it's going to take a lot before Vince will let HHH take over.  On top of the obvious, they'll use the stock and its shareholders as reasons to keep Vince where he is.

Who supposedly mailed in at the ppv? So what you will about Rowan - Big Show match but both guys took some brutal bumps in that match. Ambrose and Wyatt tried their best, the crowd just wasn't with them. 

Who supposedly mailed in at the ppv? So what you will about Rowan - Big Show match but both guys took some brutal bumps in that match. Ambrose and Wyatt tried their best, the crowd just wasn't with them. 

Yeah, I'm not sure who you could say "mailed it in": Cena, Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Ziggler, Rowan, Harper, Big Show all took some nasty shots/big bumps.  So who mailed it in?  The Usos?  The Miz?  Sounds like B.S.

Yeah, I'm not sure who you could say "mailed it in": Cena, Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Ziggler, Rowan, Harper, Big Show all took some nasty shots/big bumps.  So who mailed it in?  The Usos?  The Miz?  Sounds like B.S.

Ryback and Kane? Though, I'm not sure how much the two of them are capable of against each other in the first place.