DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

I don't think Dylan had any insider info. I think he was just screwing around and saying what he's speculating will happen. Don't look at #3 as newz by any means. I still think they'd be better off not doing it now and then doing it in an almost exact scenario 

when he has the belt so he can eliminated 4 challengers at once after the fanbase has been conditioned to think his team will win in this sort of a scenario.

If Dean/Bray have anytime to work with, they're going to have a classic. Dudes had a really wonderful match this past spring on Smackdown, back when Dean was selling his arm. Bray looked like a monster attacking Dean's weakness. Dean's changed up his formula since then, but they might tear the house down. Bray was the best worker in the first half of the year (Bryan, Family vs. The Shield, the Cena LMS) and Dean shared those honors with Rollins in the second half. Both are great wildmen in their own respective ways.

When was the last time there was a main event this unpredictable with so many variables being rumored? It really cracks me up -- a big complaint some have is the predictability of wrestling these days, and the most wildly panned PPV-in-advance in a long time is the one that is up in the air.

Predictions: This is going to be at least pretty good and very enjoyable.

This is the first match in the feud I wouldn't expect them to blow their load. I'm expecting a more story focused match that will obviously set up future matches. From what I've seen(which I admit hasn't been that much lately) this doesn't appear to be that hot of a program.

Everyone on the internet:

Just
give
us
a
clean
fucking
actual
ending
just
once,
GuOHMYFUCKINGGODITSSTING OHMYUCKINGFUCKIGNGODDS TAKEMYMONEYTAKEJIT ALLFOREEEVER

Me:

Finally it's Summer of DolpOHMYFUCKINGGODITSSTING OHMYUCKINGFUCKIGNGODDS TAKEMYMONEYTAKEJIT ALLFOREEEVER

• Like 12

I hope the main event is the start of something for Ziggler, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that much.

The main event was really good, rest of the show was pretty much garbage.  It was like the regular WWE creative team took a night off for the main event and gave fans what they really wanted to see for once.

Honestly, can't believe Ziggler got to be the savior in the main event.  That was well done.  Sting coming in and decking HHH was cool.  

Tag match was OK, I suppose, but I'm happy Mizdow are champs.

• Like 1

I need to not spoil myself. This is why we can't have nice things.

Really, it was a microcosm for Dolph's career. You think he's going to get to that place and something takes it away from him at the last second. In this case it was him riding shotgun to Sting in his biggest win.

Great main, and pretty good show overall.

P.S. RING THE FUCKING BELLA

I hope the main event is the start of something for Ziggler, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that much.

I don't know.  This set up HHH's legend's match and Cena now moves toward Brock I guess.

Dolph can be Cena's lil' buddy who Brock eats.

God I love how consistently stupid Big Show is.

• Like 2

The best part of the show was in the pre show was Booker going "OH HALE NO!" like Barrett really was going to have bad news.

All night, it felt like they were activately trying to make the crowd not respond to anything. You got an Usos match on the show, why not start with them? That 20 minute promo probably made a lot of people switch to something else and not turn it back.

That divas tag almost got 20 minutes. It was bad too.

LOVED Nikki's attire tonight and Brie's eyeballing the title makes things a little interesting.

Felt absolutely nothing when Sting came out other than 'feels like a TNA show.'

• Like 1

Let's try the sandwich method.

That was the epitome of a one-match show, but it was a heck of a match. Also, 55-year-old balding Sting is STILL awesome. 

Bray/Ambrose was not good. It was an awkward, ineffective brawl (though Bray's stiff clothesline on Ambrose was great). Bray still hasn't had a really good singles match with anyone not named Daniel Bryan in my view.

Goldust was good in the four-team-tag-match, but the match had weird pacing and that tower suplex spot looked terrible. Mizdow being mad over was great, though, as was the continued teasing of him getting into the match.

Starting this PPV with a fifteen-minute promo sucked. I paid for this. I don't pay for RAW for a reason, but I paid for this. 

The four-on-four women's match was overlong.

I don't really remember much else of what happened on this show. It was almost completely forgettable pre-main event.

I do appreciate WWE giving us actual continuity. Brie Bella getting revenge on AJ for her husband after almost three years was priceless. That was perfect. Also, Big Show reminding us that he can't afford to get fired by turning on Team Cena was also a nice nod to continuity. 

Dolph Ziggler can take one heck of a beating. I think he does certain things well: Bumping and selling that he's half-unconscious after landing from a wild bump. In this match, it worked perfectly and he garnered a lot of sympathy with me. 

There were a lot of nice surprises and swerves to the main event outside of the Sting thing. Cena's elimination and Henry's elimination were both great. I thought Ryback went down for the count too quickly, though. 

Really good PPV.

That main event was really good. It was super close to a MOTYC but something felt just a bit off -- I don't know quite what. But it was a lot of fun. Ziggler being the unlikely hero was really great. I really liked the Sting debut -- it's a great way to move on to his chapter of the story while opening up a ton of stuff for everyone else. Steph and HHH were awesome on the apron. Steph's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tantrum was awesome. She might have the best temper tantrum in wrestling history.

Bray/Ambrose was really nasty. Hopefully the story between the two ramps up because their TLC match might be absolutely bonkers.

I liked the opening match, too. Fun car wreck with the right ending (even though I'm not a huge fan of the act).

It will be interesting to see where Ziggler goes from here. Obviously, Cena will be tied up with the Big Show. Maybe Ziggler beats Rusev for the US Title? I'm also looking foward to seeing Harper and Rowan feud over the IC Title. I love both of their Titan Tron videos. Really surprised that Mark Henry was Mike Knox rather than Kane.

I went into this expecting garbage, but ended up loving it. Marked out like a little bastard. Felt like it was 1997 and he was breaking up a NWO beatdown from the rafters. Would love to see him and Trips just swing bats and sledgehammers at each other all Mania.

Oh and LOVED Ambrose looking so strong, and good for Dolph. LOL at all that Ryback build for nothing.

Bray/Ambrose was not good. It was an awkward, ineffective brawl (though Bray's stiff clothesline on Ambrose was great). Bray still hasn't had a really good singles match with anyone not named Daniel Bryan in my view.

Felt it was overbooked. The crowd stopped reacting to it at one point. Like I said, they were actively trying to kill the crowd all night. However, I thought Bray looked.. Off? He didn't look like the atheletic fat man he is, but rather just a fat man. It's hard to explain.

Bray and Ambrose called back to Bray's Mania match, but of course since Ambrose isn't Cena, he just beat the everloving fuck out of Bray.

Speaking of call-backs, the call-back to the Sheamus/Bryan Mania match sure was unexpected.

Y'know why Sting waited so long to come out? Because with everyone but Hunter unconscious, that meant there was no one left to turn on him.

• Like 3

Scorpion Death Drops for all!  Huzzah!

That was a star making performance by Dolph.  Good on him.

Also, let me be the first to wish Stephanie Good luck on the upcoming child.

Also, farewell AJ, we hardly knew ye.

• Like 1