DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

That main event was beautiful. 

Dolph was just a goddamn heroic babyface dying out there. 

It's amazing how far under he was a few months ago and how he built himself up. Even if they don't take him as far as we want, dude just came down from insurmountable odds to eliminate fucking HHH and Stephanie from WWE with the help of the first appearance of the legend. Easily the biggest moment of Dolph's career. This was huge. 

Overall, a pretty okay show. Liked the Bella turn and callback to the kiss of death. 

Loved Dean/Bray and can't wait for their TLC match. Thought the main was a mess, and I really don't need to see Show/Cena or HHH/Sting.

The payoff to the whole Authority angle was to put over Ziggler(who will probably be losing clean to Kane inside of two weeks) and a retired 55 year old they never had any previous interaction with?

Bray/Ambrose was not good. It was an awkward, ineffective brawl (though Bray's stiff clothesline on Ambrose was great). Bray still hasn't had a really good singles match with anyone not named Daniel Bryan in my view.

Felt it was overbooked. The crowd stopped reacting to it at one point. Like I said, they were actively trying to kill the crowd all night. However, I thought Bray looked.. Off? He didn't look like the atheletic fat man he is, but rather just a fat man. It's hard to explain.

THe Bloom is coming off Wyatt's rose, and he's not had a legit good singles match with someone not named Daniel Bryan, and is lacking without Harper and Rowan.

• Like 1

Ambrose/Wyatt was the second best match on the show, and ended correctly (with Ambrose whipping the shit out of Wyatt whilst giving zero fucks)

Straight up. All things considered this is one of the best shows of the past year or two easily.

It's poetry when they get everything just right. The lead in to the Rumble could be one of the best

In a long time.

Dolph might not win the Rumble or headline WM or get a run with the big gold (or, if he does, anything significant).  But being the guy who made the big babyface win and saving the day in a two-year storyline is a pretty great career apex if this is his crowing moment.

• Like 1

Ambrose/Wyatt was the second best match on the show, and ended correctly (with Ambrose whipping the shit out of Wyatt whilst giving zero fucks)

Straight up. All things considered this is one of the best shows of the past year or two easily.

It's poetry when they get everything just right. The lead in to the Rumble could be one of the best

In a long time.

Its one show that had two decent matches and a bunch of forgettable stuff, after a barrage of bad shows.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Like 1

Main event was great & really delivered plus will make people want to watch RAW.

Rest of the show was pretty bad. Some of it was even downright terrible. Bunny wrestling? Awful. Diva SS match? Completely horrendous on a monumental level.

But the main event & Sting debuting is all people will remember from the show.

Rollins was pretty great tonight too.  So many shitty heel moves through the match.  Both storyline and work-wise he held his weight as the guy you want to hate but who is effective.

Dude's the MVP of the promotion right now. He's such a brilliant cheapshot artist.It really works with his opportunist "I bought in" character.

• Like 1

AJ Lee is barely enough of a babyface to make what Brie did a heel turn. 

I liked the main-event a lot obviously, but I don't think it's unreasonable to point out that they more or less did a 'distraction by entrance music' finish on a key PPV main-event and people can three monkeys that shit all they want, it's pretty lame. 

I will admit to not seeing the Show turn coming. No more Henry-Show matches I guess.....

Agreed that Wyatt looked a bit off out there. They've decided they're running it once more at TLC, but I'm hoping they move on pretty quick as I don't think there's any winners in this feud.

• Like 1

I liked the show.

Emma getting a submission pinfall on a PPV makes me happy inside.

Mizdow getting the pinfall was hilarious.

The Emma-Paige dynamic from NXT was great. I love that little touch in how they bring back Paige's dominance over Emma from NXT. I hope they do that more when people come up from NXT.

After watching the big guys in the Main Event I hope either the IC or USA belt becomes a big man title. There is a lot of talent there and it would be a shame to waste in when they can have everyone in their own little group with a title.

The Main Event was very well booked. Harper and Rowan is setup for the next PPV. Ziggler just entered the Main Event picture. Rusev looked strong and was booked to lose in a way that did not hurt him. Big Show has a lot to answer for tomorrow night. Rollins got his comeuppance. HHH will wrestle Sting at the RR.

I would have preferred the lights go out and Sting standing there when they come back on. The entrance video and music took a bit away from the surprise value of it.

Loved the main and especially liked bray/dean for the "lets just beat the crap out of each other" kind of match it was.

Rollins was pretty great tonight too.  So many shitty heel moves through the match.  Both storyline and work-wise he held his weight as the guy you want to hate but who is effective.

Eh, that sort of thing is great if Rollins is supposed to be a Tully Blanchard-type sneaky henchman. But the top heel should be made of sterner stuff.

I didn't hate the diva elimination match (especially considering most of them shouldn't be near a ring). Main event was excellent for a survivor series match as well.

The "this is awesome" chant during the wyatt/ambrose match was embarrassing. It was the exact opposite of awesome.

I don't care who you are, if Dolph's heart didn't move you, you're dead inside. He earned that twice before he got the assist.

Ding dong the witch is dead...

But I guess I don't get the buzz about the ending stretch to the match. Does Ziggler not know more than 2 moves? Like, he kept hitting the same move(s) and that shit wasn't working. I get that everything seemed deseparate, the way Ziggler kept doing the same thing just was iffy to me. If that was Sheamus (yeah, I know), he would've tried to mix it up and that one finally Brogue Kick would've been all he needs because damn it to hell if Sheamus can't fucking milk a last swing in a match.. I get that everything seemed deseparate, the way Ziggler kept doing the same thing just was iffy to me. idk. I am over the "finisher/kick combo for 10 minutes" style.

I don't know.  This set up HHH's legend's match and Cena now moves toward Brock I guess.

Dolph can be Cena's lil' buddy who Brock eats.

God I love how consistently stupid Big Show is.

After he was the final survivor and went 3-1 against the Authority...I would like to think not, but it's hard to have faith in this creative team.