DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

I was totally hoping Rowan was going to have solved the Rubix Cube when he joined the promo.

Is it wrong that I want Rowan to take Kane's spot as the big monster who is funny?

Kane hasn't occupied that "funny" spot nearly as often as he should have. More often than not, Kane's dead weight. So Rowan wouldn't really be replacing him. 

Speaking of Kane being dead weight, I really wish Hunter was an official competitor tonight in Kane's place. The finish was overwrought in that usual Hunter way, so why not?

Don't get me wrong though. I loved it. 

Fandango-Gabriel was nothing, and might've hurt Fandango despite the win since he had no steam before or after it. Swagger-Cesaro was okay, but also nothing special. Tag title match was fine, but not memorable beyond some God-awful commentary and Cody's hissing. Divas tag was awful. Ambrose-Wyatt was fantastic, and a fine redemption match for Bray. The non-finish hurt it a bit, but worked out when they announced the TLC match later. 

I loved Dean using Frye-Takayama, Minoru Suzuki, and the New Japan double countout tease spots throughout this. Rose and Bunny vs. Slater Gator was nothing, but I dug Rose's reaction to the loss. AJ-Nikki was shockingly fast, but it all made sense with the story told of Brie getting revenge on AJ for costing Bryan the title two years ago. Brie turning heel came out of nowhere, but worked here since she hates AJ more than she could ever hate her own sister. Main event was incredible on the whole. They rehabbed Dolph and then some tonight. Sting's debut was just about flawless. I'd have preferred his WCW theme, but his new one was great too. They might've done the staredown a bit too long, but hell, it was a legendary moment.

Screen Gallery - 

www.imagebam.com/gallery/a3hduh3jcmttsw95ro74d3y5wn1m6hgg

eb8fe0366360484.jpg 

6d1a4f366345687.jpg 

815d3b366353166.jpg

68f65d366356518.jpg

cae19c366356534.jpg

a8d66b366356542.jpg

36a013366357261.jpg

c6087e366352346.jpg

68f6cb366352362.jpg

Okay, explain like I'm five: Will Steve Austin's live podcast with Vince be a Network exclusive, or will I be able to listen to it the next day on Podcast One?

You will be able to listen to it as well, hence it being a podcast and not just an interview. Not sure if it will be next day however, may be some limitations with vince agreeing to do it.

I'm surprised opinions are varying so much on the Dean/Bray match. I understand hating on the finish, but I thought the match was really good. Both guys beat the ever living crap out of each other. Dean took some nasty bumps including that urange on the steps. I'm happy the feud is continuing.

Ironically, I was meh on the match, but I thought the finish was perfect. Bray did that same "go on, hit me" thing he did to Bryan and Cena, but Ambrose is Ambrose so naturally he pulverized Bray.

It was a good moment. I just wish Dean hadn't paused so long to milk it. He should have been way more decisive and just like 'What? OK BONK!"

And I wish there was a safe way to do that spot without the "spear them in the gut so you can safely hit them in the back."

And then I was kind of bugged by them trying to sell that throwing chairs at Bray while he was snuggled under a table was this devastating torture.

There was bit of playing to the back row with it but I think he just followed the default working instinct of building the moment up, right or wrong.

Hopefully it isn't the "Family Friendly" section of the podcast because I think we all agree that the network should hear Austin talk about your helping raise up your flagpole  

I though Eric Rowan's entrance was like they asked Puddle of Mudd to do an instrumental of Great Khali's entrance music  

Okay, explain like I'm five: Will Steve Austin's live podcast with Vince be a Network exclusive, or will I be able to listen to it the next day on Podcast One?

Since they are calling it the Stone Cold Podcast instead of the Steve Austin podcast, I am guessing it is completely independent of Podcast One.

Oh, balls.

I've been avoiding taking the Canadian route to getting the WWE Network (my cable company doesn't have Net Pak). So this just pisses me off.

Fuck the CRTC. Even if they have nothing to do with this. Because they're an easy target. 

Really good PPV.

That main event was really good. It was super close to a MOTYC but something felt just a bit off -- I don't know quite what. But it was a lot of fun. Ziggler being the unlikely hero was really great. I really liked the Sting debut -- it's a great way to move on to his chapter of the story while opening up a ton of stuff for everyone else. Steph and HHH were awesome on the apron. Steph's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tantrum was awesome. She might have the best temper tantrum in wrestling history.

Bray/Ambrose was really nasty. Hopefully the story between the two ramps up because their TLC match might be absolutely bonkers.

I liked the opening match, too. Fun car wreck with the right ending (even though I'm not a huge fan of the act).

I think the biggest criticism for the match comes down to the order of eliminations. If Kane was eliminated first and Ryback had to fight the odds against Henry, Rollins, and Harper; people might be more forgiving.

As for me, I think Kane should have been the first gone.  However, Henry being eliminated first set the stage of ANYTHING CAN happen as I am sure a lot of people thought it was going to come down to Cena/Rollins. Nope. Show turned. Henry was the first eliminated. Cena was eliminated. Sting debuted. Ziggler beat 3 men by himself ( multi-time WWE champion Kane, current MITB Rollins, and current IC champion Harper). Ziggler came off like a star tonight.

• Like 1

If Sting is wrestling at WM, it needs to be five minutes, and he needs to just kill someone with a finisher barrage at the end. Maybe The Rock would come back to do it; didn't he always want to wrestle Sting? 

I think if it was five minutes of epic staredown -------> punches and chops -----------> signature spot trading into the finish, people would enjoy it as spectacle. 

You will be able to listen to it as well, hence it being a podcast and not just an interview. Not sure if it will be next day however, may be some limitations with vince agreeing to do it.

Which contradicts what Tracy said. 

Got it. We know nothing. I'll keep my ear to the ground. 

Quit talking about Adam Rose. He creeps me the ever living fuck out.

In defence of Rose, him riding the bunny (or being rode by the bunny) is infinitely more interesting than Michael Cole pretending to love Rose's lifestyle. 

Speaking of things Cole helped kill dead, Emmacrats! Yippie!

Bray Wyatt needs minions. A cult leader without followers is just a dude who likes to talk a lot. Kills his credibility. Liked the match, didn't love it. The main event was phenomenal. That wasn't just a wrestling match, that was an exercise in storytelling. Ryback being the victim of Seth Rollins' desperation. Rusev's going off-book costing him his night. Big Show waiting to turn on Team Cena until after he punked Mark Henry. Cena going out when he did. The Authority toying with Ziggler until they grasp the full nature of how precarious their grasp on power is. Triple H reverted to what has worked in the past. Mahfucking Sting! Ziggler getting his revenge on the Authority. Steph and HHH realizing what this means for them. Good stuff. 

I liked the 4-way opener. Mizdow is fantastic, and Miz gets props for understanding what he needs to do to help get the act more over. 

• Like 3

If Sting-HHH is at Mania then - can't see them wasting Sting even at a big show like the Rumble - I suppose Taker really is done then.

Sting'll be 56 come Mania time. He's closer to Flair's age than HHH's. He'll need someone to carry him through a match, and I don't think Taker's that guy anymore even if he can still go.

I never watched TNA outside the early weekly ppv days but I thought Sting had that freaky Ric Flair/Ricky Steamboat "still able to go at a decent enough level despite being old as shit" thing going on?

As for Adam Rose, if all this leads to the return of Leo Kruger (which it really seems to be) and we get a "I'm hunting wabbits..." promo, the past 6 months of Subway skits and pimping boozed up lemonade will be worth it.

Which contradicts what Tracy said.

Got it. We know nothing. I'll keep my ear to the ground.

I was just repeating what the pw torch guys said in the aftershow podcast, so it could still be bullshit.

Quit talking about Adam Rose. He creeps me the ever living fuck out.

In defence of Rose, him riding the bunny (or being rode by the bunny) is infinitely more interesting than Michael Cole pretending to love Rose's lifestyle. 

Speaking of things Cole helped kill dead, Emmacrats! Yippie!

Michael Cole would be just fine with Adam Rose's lifestyle of slipping things into girl's drinks, leaving them on the side of the road, bound with electrical tape with their panties in their mouth. Michael Cole just loves to have fun afterall.

• Like 2

What kills me about the Rowan/Harper push/feud is that I know full well that in six months I'll be bemoaning the premature breakup of a potential all-time tag team. 

But for the next six months, I'm all about spin kicks, torture racks, rubix cubes, and super works bumping for a semi-immobile farmboy. 

• Like 1

So glad Dolph Ziggler actually got the win and not the "fight really hard, get some close call pins, while coming up just short in the end but getting the 'wow, that guy really pushed me to the limit' look from the victorious heel" treatment.

And apparently, the Zig Zag is now the most devastating finisher in pro wrestling. Rollins was out for like 20 minutes.

• Like 2