DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Ok, what PPV or DVD did you buy just because midcard/upper midcard Dustin Rhodes was performing? Let's assume I think you are being the new breed of wrestling fan and will just pick something to look hip and different. Honestly, I can look at ratings/ppv numbers on the very few occasions (if any as he was never really over) he was on top and assess if anyone else felt like this.

No-one's arguing that Dustin was Hogan or Austin, but to come on DVDVR, of all places, and claim that no-one ever paid to see him wrestle, makes you seem incredibly ignorant.

• Like 2

Was reading the Beyond Wrestling thread, and I ran across a typo that I found most interesting: I presume it was a tag match, but the participants were listed "wrestler A & wrestler B vs. wrestler C *vs. wrestler D" (where * denotes the typo).

But what if it wasn't a typo? It's the indies so this is possible. A three-way, but one of the participants is a tag team instead of just another individual. I'm curious how would you book such a match without it becoming a gigantic clusterfuck? Elimination or one fall? How would the tag team dynamic work out?

So, remember a few days ago when I posted about Tammy Sytch and her adventures on Skype?  Well, I just received this message on Facebook:

Tammy/Sunny is telling people she'll show guys a lot more if they pay her $100 and she'll Skype with them. When they go onto Skype to "chat" with her, she is claiming her WiFi is down and she doesn't feel well. Fucking scamming whore

On the one hand, yeah, scam.  But on the other, it's kinda funny.

• Like 4

Ok, what PPV or DVD did you buy just because midcard/upper midcard Dustin Rhodes was performing? Let's assume I think you are being the new breed of wrestling fan and will just pick something to look hip and different. Honestly, I can look at ratings/ppv numbers on the very few occasions (if any as he was never really over) he was on top and assess if anyone else felt like this.

No-one's arguing that Dustin was Hogan or Austin, but to come on DVDVR, of all places, and claim that no-one ever paid to see him wrestle, makes you seem incredibly ignorant.

There were plenty of guys not pushed to the main event I watched. It wasn't Dustin Rhodes. I am far from ignorant, I was just curious as to what he ever sold. I am guessing it's zero outside of the initial Goldust rub at most.

Do they ever fire someone that is making them money? He didn't, he was forgotten, and that was the end of his run.

Goldust really led the way as a proto-Attitude style star, which I think carries done weight in the discussion.

On a side note, I want an Alexis Bliss/Bayley tag team. It would be tons of fun.

And still not selling a ticket...just like black reign, etc.

He's a nostalgia act. No one has ever bought a ticket or ppv because Dustin was on it.

Drug addict, drug addict, drug addict is my response to the three pictures...all of which were miles up the card from where Dustin ever was.

I'm actually surprised we never got an HBK/Goldust feud in 1996. A vaguely homosexual Goldust vs. a dude who just posed for Playgirl? Writes itself. 

I also wonder how Goldust would've done with a short WWF Title run during that time. 

I was at In Your House: Buried Alive in Indianapolis, and the dark main was Goldust vs Michaels.  There was a great promo segment before where Goldust had them hit Shawn's music and did the sexy boy prance and dance.  They then proceeded to have a really fun match. 

And about 2 days later I went to a house show in Evansville, IN and they did the exact same match and promo, spot for spot, and it was still awesome the second time. 

And goddamn yes Dustin belongs in the Hall of Fame. 

As far as the "No one ever bought a ticket just because he/she was on the card" argument...... even if that is true of Dustin, I'm sure there are several people in the HOF that could be said about.  But as previously mentioned, being a midcard supporter was and is a very important role.