DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

That "click to enlarge" on the Alex Wright picture is unfortunate

Dammit this'll learn me to read before commenting
Liar. You just wanted this pic bumped up into our visuals once more.

hqdefault.jpg

You know the difference between the October photo thread and a sadist, don't you? ...Alex Wright pics.

• Like 3

Just thinking about it, how insane would the Rock N' Wrestling stuff have been if it were Piper and The Freebirds against Hogan. Damn it someone needs to go back in time and stop Terry Gordy from getting drunk (for a few hours that night) and mouthing off to Andre The Giant.

I need to know this story, I'm unfamiliar with it.

According to Bret Hart...

In 1984, the Freebirds—Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy—were recruited by the company, largely because they fit into the rock ’n’ roll image owner Vince McMahon was trying to cultivate.  “One time, the Freebirds were so drunk, they couldn’t get out of the plane,” Hart claims. “They got to the building at 9 or 9:30, in the middle of a show, and Andre was pissed off by their lack of professionalism.  While they were getting dressed, he told them, ‘You guys are fired.’”

When the Freebirds protested that Andre was ineligible to make personnel decisions, he allegedly countered, “We’ll see tomorrow if you’re gone or I’m gone.”

“The next day,” Hart continues, “the Freebirds were gone.  So I guess Andre could fire you.”

• Like 1

According to Bret Hart...

In 1984, the Freebirds—Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy—were recruited by the company, largely because they fit into the rock ’n’ roll image owner Vince McMahon was trying to cultivate.  “One time, the Freebirds were so drunk, they couldn’t get out of the plane,” Hart claims. “They got to the building at 9 or 9:30, in the middle of a show, and Andre was pissed off by their lack of professionalism.  While they were getting dressed, he told them, ‘You guys are fired.’”

When the Freebirds protested that Andre was ineligible to make personnel decisions, he allegedly countered, “We’ll see tomorrow if you’re gone or I’m gone.”

“The next day,” Hart continues, “the Freebirds were gone.  So I guess Andre could fire you.”

Thank you.  Pity they didn't resolve this like gentleman, with a drinking contest between Andre and the Freebirds.

• Like 1

10687155_862593157084472_363172823982623

Is it just me or does Buddy Jack kind of look like Pat Patterson in that pic.

It's not just you, the first printing of the IC Title history DVD they put out a few years ago accidentally had Buddy's picture on it instead of Pat Patterson's.