DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Stolen from WC:

Found this at worldclasswrestling.info:

The Official Von Erich Family/World Class Championship Wrestling board game, released in 1985. Players drew cards to determine the moves their wrestler would execute; the pegboard was used to keep track of each wrestler's health. The babyfaces represented in the game included Kevin, Kerry and Mike Von Erich and Iceman King Parsons; on the heel side were Gino Hernandez, Chris Adams, Kelly Kiniski and One Man Gang.

Reading Death of WCW right now, it's shocking to think back on how that all went down. I'm trying to pinpoint when I stopped watching WCW. I know I tuned out of WWF right after the Invasion show and straight up gave up after the....tragedy, but WCW I think I washed in and out, I'd say I was pretty tuned out after the Megadeath show because I barely remember that and the stripping of the titles was the final straw. I never even saw the Wall really. I don't even think I watched more than five minutes of the final Nitro.

It really feels like WWE is doing all the same mistakes. Shoving old stars down our thrusts, killing angles and characters for getting over, booking guests and music acts that no one cares about, killing their PPV business. I know we all assume the WWE is never gonna die but in the DoWCW they track the house show attendance and talk about how 3500 was a horrible omen, I know WWE runs dual tours but they average around that range. When I hear about combining Raw and Smackdown tapings to save money I'm like, aren't they making money independently?

They always say because of sponsorship deals and television contracts they've never made more but seriously interest has to be at all time lows with the general public. The nerds dig the NXT generation and the network but they were doing 7 million + every Monday in the golden era and ppv buys were some crazy multiple.

Ok I'm done.

• Like 1