DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

jaedmc, on 12 Dec 2014 - 3:38 PM, said:

All of those people could wrestle with their shirts off and not make Vince throw up all over Billy Kidman.

Does Vince throw up or is that like the sneezing thing? Vince's new golden boy doesn't even wrestle with his shirt off.

But he could tho. And no amount of security could stop the deluge of screaming women who will rush the ring. Believe that.

• Like 1

I love how you guys refuse to admit that maybe this food network dude is actually really good at his job

Did he script Enzo offering Sami milk? Because, yeah, this guy earns his paycheck big time.

jaedmc, on 12 Dec 2014 - 3:38 PM, said:

All of those people could wrestle with their shirts off and not make Vince throw up all over Billy Kidman.

Does Vince throw up or is that like the sneezing thing? Vince's new golden boy doesn't even wrestle with his shirt off.

But he could tho. And no amount of security could stop the deluge of screaming women who will rush the ring. Believe that.

Which is why he needs the flack jacket.

I love how you guys refuse to admit that maybe this food network dude is actually really good at his job

Did he script Enzo offering Sami milk? Because, yeah, this guy earns his paycheck big time.

And apparently Sami kissing Bayley. Launch the ships.

tumblr_nggap33JC81qdhy1fo1_400.gif

However, TV's Gillian Jacobs is still a Saminerico fan!

tumblr_ngh7m1yIxu1so21iwo1_400.jpg

And apparently Sami kissing Bayley. Launch the ships.

tumblr_nggap33JC81qdhy1fo1_400.gif

However, TV's Gillian Jacobs is still a Saminerico fan!

tumblr_ngh7m1yIxu1so21iwo1_400.jpg

He was probably kissing Bayley to suck up her Sting energy since his best friend was about to turn on him!

• Like 6

So just before Sami kissed Beyley, I saw her clapping for him and I thought...."Oh my god they'd make such a cute couple." Then he gave her that platonic forehead smooch and I felt bad. She's like Duckie to his Molly Ringwald. 

Why I do these things in my head I don't know.

• Like 7

Listen to the Greenfield guy on JR's podcast say again and again that being Lead Writer is not the same as being booker. 

While I'm sure Stephen Guerrieri has a part to play and puts his work in, he hasn't been around for the duration of NXT (lots of sites mention he replaced Ryan Ward as NXT's head writer) and there is certainly a level of continuity in the quality of storytelling and booking long term.

I'll ask again. Does anybody know how the creative/booking works in NXT? Is it a committee? Does Trips just do big picture stuff a la Vince with the main show?

I know someone who probably knows, but if he were still here he'd only tell you over the course of 20 posts that he already told you how it works.

SOMEONE, be it HHH or whoever else, threw Funk piledriving Flair on top of Bret-Piper on top of the match itself and did so seamlessly.

I don't know who deserves a gold star, but they do.

• Like 2

Wrestling is best from a narrative standpoint when faces overcome obstacles while still behaving ethically. Zayn having an ethical struggle, sticking to his guns and not taking a shortcut, and still managing to win is something that doesn't happen enough in real life, so having the good guy win while maintaining his good guy behavior is exactly the story that I wanted to see. 

That is a good point. I sometimes wonder if Triple H is clueless about why the NWA had to have a heel champion. The way his own career was booked, while he had heavy influence on how he was booked, seemed to indicate that might be an issue. Shows like that give me optimism moving forward. In a way it was like the Ambrose and Rollins HITC with the proper payoff. While still managing to set up the next feud.

Watched the main event again. Aside from maybe Shield/Wyatts it may be the best WWE match of the year. Definitely best singles match. 

Actually, aside from some of Ishii's NEVER defenses, was there a better title match all year?

I love NXT and, like everyone is saying, that show will make you love pro wrestling.