DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: STEVE "MONGO" MCMICHAEL

RIPPA

I found Mongo & Pepe sort of amusing at first.  Pepe' act got more mileage with me than Debra's, at least.

I always felt bad for Mongo.  Dude had a lot of enthusiasm for wrestling and obviously wanted to be there.  But..... he was was so damn bad at it.  Terrible wrestler, worse commentator.  There probably was a place for him somewhere, but WCW TV wasn't it.

I'll give him props for being a Lifetime Longhorn and that little chihuahua.

Dear God, I hated Pepe. I think I hated that fucking dog more than Mongo and I hated Mongo a lot.

If it makes you feel any better, given the life span of your average chihuahua, Pepe is most likely dead by now.

Are we no-selling Goldberg's stint in the NFL or is that tomorrow?

Remember I could two like 2 months worth of footballers turned wrestlers.

Yeah but I don't think you could say Mongo had a better wrestling career than Goldberg.

Agreed but I am also saving Goldberg for something else

Are we no-selling Goldberg's stint in the NFL or is that tomorrow?

Remember I could two like 2 months worth of footballers turned wrestlers.

Yeah but I don't think you could say Mongo had a better wrestling career than Goldberg.

Agreed but I am also saving Goldberg for something else

Jewish week? Goldberg, Raven, Barry Horowitz, Madusa, Albert?

Mongo wasn't even the worst commentator on Nitro.

4.  Bischoff - back roundhouse reverse heel dipsy doodle dosey doe front leg head kick

3.  Heenan - you must have rocks in your head if you think that weasel was any good in WCW

2.  Mongo

1.  Pepe - his silence spoke volumes

The turn was really well done with the Horsemen using Savage's alimony money that they got from Liz and Debra being all, "It's money" and then he brained Greene and carried around his money in that briefcase for months after.

One of my favorite Mongo moments was when TNA brought him in to be a special referee.  He looked like live-action Peter Griffin and just stood around with a goofy smile on his face the whole time and guys would have to yell at him to count.

• Like 1