DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

In the random opinions probably only I share department, WWE is so intent on making Rusev a contender that they're blind to the fact that Swagger and Rusev had a unique chemistry that was massively benefitting both of them. Now that they've moved on, the buzz is gone.

• Like 1

The only way Orton even remotely works is if they turn Rusev and Lana face. However, WWE blowing Rusev's first real loss on someone like Orton, Cena, Sheamus, or Show would be the most WWE thing ever. Why make someone brand new when you can use it to let the established guys, who don't need it at all, exert dominance.

Realistically we all know this is heading towards an AA or shitty STF. No matter how much I want them to keep Rusev and Lana away from Cena I don't see how this ends any other way and then it's down to mid-card purgatory.

Edit: the Rusev/Lana vs Swagger/Zeb feud is some of my favorite stuff this year. Going from that to Henry to Show was a mistake. They should've gone to Swagger after Rusev dispatched Henry and Show, then they could've maybe given Swagger a real win instead of a DQ victory.

• Like 1

To the Razor Ramon convo, I feel like him always being g associated with Nash, HBK, Hogan etc. made him seem like less of a big deal. Had he been off on his own, specifically in WWF in, say Summer of 95, have him win KOTR instead of Mabel. Then have him challenge Diesel at Summerfest, either as a face or heel. That would've been a helluva lot better than what happened, and maybe we could've got the Scott Hall as world champ reign that the world was robbed of.

I hope not.  The logical blowoff of Cena/Lesnar is HitC not making us wait months while they devalue the title by not defending it.

I think as long as Brock is doing these awesome interview segments it doesn't devalue the title. I enjoy having a champion who only shows up when it's time to kick some ass. It's weird though that they would do a DQ finish if the plan is not to have one more match..

• Like 1

The Rusev/Swagger feud should have kept going. But Vince has this mentality of "well they feuded for a ppv and a half...that's good enough" for the lower card guys. Rusev as United States Champion needs to happen. JBL losing his mind on commentary after the win would be one of the best tv moments ever.

Only thing I would ask is his first appearence as champion needs to happen at The Barclays Center for a RAW. A vast majority of the crowd would be like from Brighton Beach so it would be all Pro Russian. It would be beautiful to behold as Putin gets a standing ovation in Brooklyn.

If that happens I want Rusev to no sell it like Taz did King's piledriver.

I'm fine with that too.  JBL drills him with it, turns around, Rusev is already back up to throw that kick of his, and the destruction of The Wrestling God commences.

• Like 1

I hope not.  The logical blowoff of Cena/Lesnar is HitC not making us wait months while they devalue the title by not defending it.

I think as long as Brock is doing these awesome interview segments it doesn't devalue the title. I enjoy having a champion who only shows up when it's time to kick some ass. It's weird though that they would do a DQ finish if the plan is not to have one more match..

Yeah, I am not sure what the purpose of these HitC matches are outside of getting Ambrose over.  Lesnar should not need the Authority to protect him.  

It actually makes him a weaker champion.