DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Is MetsFan4Ever for real or what?

"I liked drinking with Josh Matthews, but he was an ass. And Cole is just like his heel persona (I like drinking with him too). And Big Show is the biggest ass of all."

Guy's cranky tonight. Not Cranky Vince cranky, but cranky.

They verified he's a former wwe employee with great inside info like "AJ is pregnant" (she wasn't) and the Bella's are fighting in the Hell. His phone calls to former coworkers looking for info on the Divas to post on Reddit must be awkward.

Surely someone here has speculated that ultimately Angle would be brought back for Rusev??

Angle is a free agent now. Notice how WWE with two main eventers on the shelf haven't called.

Angle's called the WWE offices before trying to drum up interest.  Maybe he should drop them a line.

Of course, by "drop them a line", I really mean "moonsault from a passing plane into the ring during RAW".  This is Kurt Angle we're talking about, after all.

• Like 3

I thought of something kind of neat today as I was walking around singing Rusev's theme like a goddamn goofball.

Take the very opening of Kurt Angle/Patriot's theme..before the low melody part, when it's the trumpets doing a Rocky sort of fanfare:

BUUM BU BU BUUM BU BU BUUM BU BU BUUM BU BU

BEE BE BE BEE BE BE BEE BE BE BEE BE BE

Now slow that down and put it real low, like in tubas or something...flip it form high to low and from fast to slow...and you have the opening of Rusev's theme

BUUUUM BUUU BUUU BUUMM BUMM BEEEE BOOO

BUUUUM BUUU BUUU BUUUMMM BEEEEE BOOOO BOOOO

Opposed yet similar forces...opposite sides of the same coin. 

Kurt Angle has said that wherever he signs, he's only got a year left of in-ring stuff. And even that, he doesn't want to do a full-time schedule for a year. If he's serious about that, I'd like to see him back at WWE. Just for a short-time. But I'm interested in him going past that.

I'd love to see Angle come out to huge pomp and circumstance to main event Raw against Rusev and then get completely squashed and vanquished Apollo Creed style. Just as 21-1 set up Lesnar/Cena, this could set up Rusev/Cena without it just seeming like an auto win for John.

Angle was one of the most natural performers ever...I expected the in-ring prowess, but was believable as both a killer and comedy act. Unfortunately odds are high he'd crawl back into a Vicodin bottle after a couple of months of a WWE schedule. Would not like to see him back.

You know, we kinda goofed on Jarrett traveling to all these different shows and his "database" and what-not, but GFW might be a pretty clever idea if marketed properly. Maybe it's like an NWA-like "banner" or governing body for NJPW, AAA, WWC, and various mid-size sub-ROH level indies around the US and Canada. Imagine streaming, for example, like the ECWA Super 8 tournament or one of those PWG shows I keep hearing so much about. Given the fact that a lot of the infrastructure for a lot of these promotions is already in place, GFW might actually have a chance at being profitable. Maybe the plan could be to have like 10-15 contracted guys who travel around these international promotions. So you'd watch the NJPW dome show, but then in addition to the usual guys from the "home promotion,"  you'd have like 3-4 GFW branded matches with a mix of whatever super-indy dudes WWE hasn't scooped up yet, and some former WWE/TNA talent who have *somewhat* of a name, but aren't old enough that they can't go anymore. Think guys like Jarrett himself, AJ Styles, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Chris Masters, Low Ki, Homicide, Bad Influence,  Carlito, Drew Mac, X-Pac, Justin Credible, Tommy Dreamer. Maybe you bring in a Nash or an Angle or a Foley as your token authority figure (God, I hate that trend so much and wish it would die, but it might be nice to have someone who can do promos in English for the US crowd watching these matches from Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, etc.) I read that the Dudleyz, Joe, and the Wolves TNA deals are up soon, too.

Didn't they already start some bullshit global banner for ROH, NOAH, others to belong to in the mid 200s and pretty much nothing came of it?

Have no idea how to upload a pic from my phone but WWE magazine over here (Ireland) has Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns on the cover and the tag line of "Who will be the next champion?"

EDIT: I thought WWE magazine was shutting down?

Aigh that's the one. Obviously worked out well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Professional_Wrestling_Alliance

The group was established as a means to aid the many competing wrestling promotions in Japan. Members will share resources including training facilities and their wrestlers themselves. They will also coordinate the arrangements of their shows in order to avoid clashes. In addition to this "super shows" will be run with wrestlers from the member promotions competing on the same shows. This first of which occurred on November 14, 2006.