DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Grumpy old man Taker was the best, threatening the young'uns with soupbones and telling them to get the hell out of his yard. 

The original zombie Taker with the gloves and Wild West undertaker getup was second. I didn't remember him as Mean Mark as a kid, so when I saw him for the first time Tombstoning guys and jamming them into bodybags, the whole spectacle made me an instant fan. 

Also, I think DVDVR would melt down in a good way if there was some sort of temporal slip and in an alternate 1993, Harley Race managed a stable with Mark Henry and Vader in WCW. 

• Like 1

The upcoming October issue of WWE Magazine will be the last issue, ending the magazine's 30 year run. More of a "print is dying" thing than a cost cutting thing.

I think they're open to an outside party taking over and producing the magazine, so it's more of a cost cutting thing,

Indy rasslin in the St. Louis area for August:

Saturday 8/2:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO(Stratford Inn)

Sunday 8/3:  High Risk Wrestling in Belleville, IL(Belle-Clair Fairgrounds) with A.C.H., Arik Cannon, Jonathan Gresham

Friday 8/8:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Eureka, MO(Brookdale Farms benefit show)

Saturday 8/9:  PWCS in Granite City, IL(YMCA); MMWA in St. Louis, MO(South Broadway Athletic Club)

Saturday 8/16:  SICW iN East Carondelet, IL(Paul Orndorff appearing)

Saturday 8/23:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Glen Carbon, IL(Sports Academy)

I can only assume that Harley will be at every one of these shows, broken hip and all.

Harley's own promotion has shows, but there's mostly in central Missouri and I tend to go to shows closer to home since I'm middle-aged and lazy.  It seems like fate constantly conspires against me ever getting to World League Wrestling; I was fully planning on going to the 8/30 show in Troy MO but that one was cancelled.

Didn't they move their gym to Troy or somewhere near there? I thought they were going to run around there more often now.

Yeah, they moved the training school to Troy MO and started running monthly shows there.  So far, there's always been another show on those dates that's closer to home for me.  They still run in a few of their usual central Missouri spots.

So I heard a rumor today that TNA could end up on MTV.  I took (and continue to take) that with a massive grain of salt.  

That's interesting. One would think that it would be Viacom in general who wants to drop TNA

It is all a #swerve. They will move to MTV and on the first episode Dixie will be cutting a promo to start the show. Russo will show up with the cast of Teen Moms 2 and they will all attack Dixie. Will be just as successful as the Bellator cross promotion.

• Like 1

Kenta has the cutest Twitter going. Between his adorable broken english, and his unabashed enthusiasm his Tweets make my day.

I love his crazy fascination with Waffle House.

Funaki's fault.  They keep it up, and KENTA will look like the Bart Simpson pic in the last thread.

The sad thing about Undertaker is that the 90's should be his best period, but he got put in that "monster who fights other monsters" gimmick that stuck him in crappy feuds with guys like Giant Gonzalez and Mabel.

And Kris Kristofferson's son was in development, and they named him Garrett Dylan? What was the second choice, Blade Dorff?

• Like 1