DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Speaking of John Cena........

It's been established in WWE canon that he's dating Nikki Bella but yet he just sat in the back while Triple H bullied her and her sister on Monday night.

Worst. Boyfriend. Ever.

Champ wasnt even on the show so I suppose he gets a pass on that one. Not like he'll give a damn when he comes back either but still

Guys..............

The Bellas are Latinas and are being booked in a main event level angle right now. 

And Cena hasn't stood up to The Authority on her behalf at all. What's the point of dating the champ when he doesn't even stand up for you?

• Like 1

Does this mean more Sin Cara? They seriously lack a Latino character now

juan.jpg

They can always bring back this guy.

Gotta think the odds are stacked pretty heavy against that.

You know who's great at defying the odds?

I'm also in the "Del Rio was a great worker but bored the hell out of me" camp.  They never really did anything to make me care about him and his overly long and ostentatious entrances just bored me.  He was a good hand though, the kind of guy they could have used to teach some of the newer guys on the house show circuit (he would have been a great regular opponent for Reigns).

• Like 1

Does this mean more Sin Cara? They seriously lack a Latino character now

They can always bring back this guy.

Gotta think the odds are stacked pretty heavy against that.

You know who's great at defying the odds?

Your post implies Neidhart, but apart from "still being alive" he tends to conform to mostly what they odds say he'll do.

• Like 2

In his defense everyone wanted to slap the guy:

dennis.jpg

"Maybe you'd like me to Tout! something about your stupid hair? 

But first go get me something salty.  I've had a lot of sweets and I think I need something salty."

Or, I suspect Del Rio tried to reenact this with John Stossel:

Now Steve Austin will have a new question to ask the guests on his podcast.

He went out on a high note on Raw with Ambrose at least. Might want to lose the reverse superplex if he goes to Mexico though because I can see somebody ending up in a wheelchair from taking it wrong.

The belt-win/face-turn LMS match against Show was flat-out one of the best matches and angles in WWE in years, wish they hadn't fucked it up so bad...

I did enjoy his LMS matches vs Cena and vs Big Show and the first Ziggler match last year. Shame they continually screwed up his 2011. Winning the RR to curtain jerk Wrestlemania and lose easily, getting crammed into Cena-Punk, and going on to get involved in that ungodly long Sheamus feud.

He went out on a high note on Raw with Ambrose at least. Might want to lose the reverse superplex if he goes to Mexico though because I can see somebody ending up in a wheelchair from taking it wrong.

The belt-win/face-turn LMS match against Show was flat-out one of the best matches and angles in WWE in years, wish they hadn't fucked it up so bad...

The belt-win/heel-turn concussion match with Ziggler was also fucking amazing as both a match and an angle.  Although I don't think the Big Show match was his face turn, it happened a few weeks before that, iirc.

prior to Sin Cara, has WWE ever had its own 'Mysterio'? Hunico is pretty solid in the ring, but I wonder if  WWE will get cold feet and keep him on NXT, ME, Superstars, etc. rather than pushing him toward the top and positioned the same way Rey was for years. WWE should get it all out now as Hunico is in his late 30's.

Del Rio is either the greatest boring wrestler ever or the most boring great wrestler ever. Either way, I will miss him destroying arms on weekly TV.

This about sums up my feelings on Del Rio as well. I just started to enjoy watching him again to the Ambrose matches.

Kalisto was just starting to break out on the indys before they snapped him up and he has more appeal than Hunico does since he's more flashy. With the amount of talent in the undercard I could see Kalisto being able to get over if he's given half decent booking and regularly in matches against guys like Ziggler, Cesaro, etc. He would be perfect in a tag team too but they are hot and cold on that.

Guys..............

The Bellas are Latinas and are being booked in a main event level angle right now. 

And Cena hasn't stood up to The Authority on her behalf at all. What's the point of dating the champ when he doesn't even stand up for you?

Have you seen his fucking house?

Del Rio is either the greatest boring wrestler ever or the most boring great wrestler ever. Either way, I will miss him destroying arms on weekly TV.

He was really, really good in the ring but honestly, how do you fuck up a Razor Ramon/Mexican Flair pastiche so badly? I just feel that whole aristocratic gimmick could have been a license to print money in the right hands.

Guys..............

Sir I'll have you know they're also half Italian

ADR would have benefited greatly from a lengthy IC or US title run if either of those belts were worth a damn.

I agree entirely, but don't you think that's sort of the level the WHC was on at the time he held it?

I'm actually okay with that.

Del Rio has proven over and over again that he can plug damn near anyone into his basic match formula and get a good match out of it, like clockwork.  TNA could do worse (and they often have) than putting the belt on ADR.

Joo started the war, esse, we gon' finish it. Isss my destinyyyy

Edit: Ok, so this post, like 90% of my output here, was a joke. But in all seriousness, how does TNA think they're going to pay for this? It's just crazy at this point. Every star who was ever a star that was not under WWE contract has been there (I suppose Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg would be the glaring exceptions) and they did nothing to move the needle. I like to goof on Del Rio, because like I said above, he had a gimmick that, if wrestling were college would be taught in "Heel 101," but I honestly don't think a deal would do shit for either party. That's just me. I'm entirely too cynical toward TNA right now, not because I want to see them fail, but because they've blown a million opportunities. If I'm ADR, I'm going to AAA or NJPW and getting my ass some checks that don't bounce.

It's absolutely hilarious that Dixie, or anyone else in TNA, thinks that their championship has any sort of importance or meaning in Del Rio's mind. Pitching it to him as incentive like this is 1974 and it's the NWA Championship is all kinds of delusional. Also, them giving him the belt really should go without saying, it's TNA and he's a big time ex-WWE superstar. It's implied.