DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This is how I picture it going down (replace "is it fake" with "clean my plate")

(And Dr. D was fired for that too)

Not to ruin the joke or anything but I think he was actually fired for picking a fight with Mr. T.  But yeah, Shults is a racist motherfucker.

Schultz was a special lil buckaroo.

• Like 1

Nice. Guy made a fat joke and thought he was a tough guy. Alberto slapped the shit out of him. That is great. These fucking backstage nerds need to learn their place and realize that with out guys like ADR they wouldn't be working. ADR has a rep as being one of the tough guys backstage, why would you fuck with him??

Actually, I'd say that was less a fat joke and more of a Mexican joke which tells me that smarmy little prick is lucky ADR didn't pop his head off like a bottle top. If this is true and can be proven, the WWE may have a bit of a problem on it's hands.

ADR is as fit as I've seen him...of course it's a Mexican joke. As a father to three half-Mexican children, I wouldn't have been as nice. Between this and Hayes bring hired back after calling Henry the "n" word...real nice.

Which is just odd, because have you seen South Carolina? Jesus Christ.

My mom is originally from North Carolina so I've spent a lot of time in both. If you read Vince's Playboy interview, you'd see that had an interesting childhood. 

And really guys, WWE had no choice but to fire Alberto here. You can't go around striking people in the workplace. In any other corporate environment, if I heard that a co-worker made a joke about me and I decided to punch him instead of going to HR, I would be shown the door immediately. When you work for a company like WWE, you have to abide by corporate protocol, especially when dealing with non-wrestling talent. 

Of course WWE had to fire him.  I could be totally wrong, but I get the feeling this was like Carlito refusing to go to rehab, or Matt Hardy posting a picture of Rey Rey sans mask.  Maybe he wasn't trying to get fired but he didn't really care if he was.

I have a feeling this WWE.com guy probably didn't expect to get called out by ADR and probably froze when he was confronted. Then smiled to try and save his ass and make it seem like his was just joking around. You have to remember this is still a locker room. I wouldn't be surprised if the boys kept antagonizing the situation, or they were looking on when ADR confronted the dude. It doesn't seem like going to HR is exactly locker room protocol when it comes to these types of situations. Does it excuse what happened? No. But I'm pretty sure ADR felt he had nothing to lose.

Employment law is 100% clear on this.  What Alberto did was absolutely wrong and the wrong way to handle this.  The WWE could have suspended him for it, but the incident, combined with his expiring contract probably just made it an easy choice.  The onus of this was not on Del Rio, it was on the guy that the douchebag told the joke to.  HE is the one that should have gone to HR, not gone snitching.

Also, the racist fuck got exactly what he deserved. And if it's true he said that, he should be suspended or fired. There's zero excuse for making a joke like that on a work site. 

This is like the 3rd or 4th Alberto Del Rio story where he got into a altercation with someone outside of normal operations.  The guy clearly can't control his temper and is basically a lawsuit waiting to happen at this point.  Considering he is a raging bore there is no reason for WWE to keep cutting him checks.  That being said, the other goof should also be out pounding sand for a clearly racist joke.

Employment law is 100% clear on this.  What Alberto did was absolutely wrong and the wrong way to handle this.  The WWE could have suspended him for it, but the incident, combined with his expiring contract probably just made it an easy choice.  The onus of this was not on Del Rio, it was on the guy that the douchebag told the joke to.  HE is the one that should have gone to HR, not gone snitching.

Also, the racist fuck got exactly what he deserved. And if it's true he said that, he should be suspended or fired. There's zero excuse for making a joke like that on a work site. 

Exactly.  On a visceral level, you can fully understand why Del Rio reacted violently, and the other guy clearly deserves to have a long, uncomfortable meeting with the head of HR and then probably go back up his desk...

But you can't go around slapping idiots in the workplace. 

(Especially when you are a 250 lbs professional athlete and trained mma fighter, and the other guy...  isn't.  I assume if this had been between Del Rio and another wrestler, the response might have been different.)

As I postulated above, I suspect he either didn't care or actively wanted out.

Could be that way.  It's obvious his character wasn't going anywhere.  The only good thing for him would have been the money and exposure.  Anyone got an idea of how much he'd make for AAA as compared to the WWE?

I still can't believe Vince allowed this promo to air.  Then again, he's never been a huge fan of our southern brethren.

Your signature is so appropriate...

Wut da hale indeed.

I was always under the impression that ADR was miffed that he wasn't received by WWE fans. When he actually got a reaction, it was a surprise. People can rant about the booking, but he was always featured and shit. He just didn't have any charisma back it up.

It'll be a long time before I forget how that Boston crowd was losing their ever loving fucking minds over Santino winning the Rumble in 2011 only to get so quiet like the divas had come out when ADR was announced the winner. And that crowd was loving everything about that show except ADR winning.

The thing is the WWE employee telling the racist joke needed to realize that he's dealing with a wrestler. ADR isn't going to HR over it -- he's going to attack the person who said it. Also, the WWE employee is not a wrestler (or 'one of the boys') so he really needed to be careful on what he says and who he says it to. I'm not excusing ADR's behavior whatsoever. If anything, both ADR and the WWE.com guy need to be shown the door. 

Still, ADR's behavior is totally inexcusable and not surprising. Considering that he's had several incidents in the past with assaulting staff members, it was only a matter of time before he was gone.