DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

That was indeed a shitkicking. Netherlands demolished Spain totally and completely. Fantastic performance for the Dutch, has to be great revenge for them for the 2010 finals. Very curious about Australia vs Chile now. Spain looked so demoralized at the final whistle, understandably, I think 2nd place may be up for grabs potentially here. So very curious to see how good Australia and Chile look in the next match. I feel like this is the natural cycle that was meant to happen with this squad, it could not last forever. Congratulations to the Netherlands and their supporters. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Great win for the Dutch.  Some quality goals there, but Casillas was bad throughout.  Misjudged the free kick for de Vrij's header and the less said about his first touch on the 2nd van Persie goal the better.  Made to look silly by Robben on his 2nd as well. 

Holland played really well, some pace on that counterattack and some incisive passing.  They look great and I hope they can keep it up all tournament. 

Wow.........just WOW

2yy3x20.jpg

Never in a million years did i expect that, as shocking results go that was pretty fucking huge. An astonishing performance from Holland in the second half. Van Persie, Robben and Blind excellent, Spain just couldn't handle them and RVP's first goal WOOF!

Spain will probably regroup and still qualify (although Chile could be a big problem) but Casillas, Pique and Ramos looked lost. Great to see my prediction of Holland going home early has already been fucked  :rolleyes:

Mexico/Cameroon: Mexico deserved the win and Cameroon were woeful. Croatia don't have much to worry about.

The linesman who ruled out the Giovanni goals should be sent home, shocking decisions. I really hate the usual cliches certain pundits trot out BUT both lived up to them. Mexico are a small slight team who like to play with quick passes and attack but don't convert enough of the chances to really worry people and Cameroon are a big strong dirty team with a lack of concentration at the back. Both were pretty comical at defending corners. Also i love Mexico's coach Herrera, could watch him for the whole 90minutes

Chile 2-0 up after 13 minutes

Thoughts, comprimised:

- bad refereeing all around
- GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY

- Glad to see Holland deciding to take the roll of odds on favourites. After the first two Holland goals I thought "Wow, Spain looked vulnerable on this diagonal crosses from midfield!" Than I realized they looked very vulnerable all around! Really surprising, because after the penalty Spain looked very much in control and it seemed to be business as usual. Spain will be under big pressure now. To me, van Persie´s header was the best goal so far, great assist, fantastic header.

- Speaking goals: Incredible start goal-wise to the tournament! 15 goals in 4 matches, I think this average will drop soon though.

- I can´t help but love the Aussies. They looked so out of depth and than clawed back into the match and killed a team who are among the "darkhorses" of the tourney for almost an half with limited abilities, running and fighting.

Fun start to the tournament, the Spain v Holland game makes me fear for our team against Portugal... at least I have two more matchdays of fun before it´s all serious business.

• Like 1