DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Something that just occurred to me, I wonder if a factor in this World Cup showing early indications of more attacking play and goals scored is the presence of a normal ball without much fanfare being used.  Players in 2010 (Diego Forlan excepted) never really seemed to warm up to the Adidas Jabulani ball and its beach ball-esque tendency to float into the stratosphere.

Man, Costa Rica has me fucking PUMPED. I don't even have anything against Uruguay, but this has me more excited than the thumping Netherlands did on Espana yesterday.

Down 3-1 and you're in stoppage. Sounds like the perfect time to get tossed out of the game.

On the plus side, kicking Campbell's leg out from his leg put Costa Rica firmly in the best fiery underdog face position possible.

• Like 1

Down 3-1 and you're in stoppage. Sounds like the perfect time to get tossed out of the game.

On the plus side, kicking Campbell's leg out from his leg put Costa Rica firmly in the best fiery underdog face position possible.

It's some fine hockey mentality!

Might as well have found himself a nine iron and taken a good hack at the rough around that fellow's ankle.

Man, Costa Rica has me fucking PUMPED. I don't even have anything against Uruguay, but this has me more excited than the thumping Netherlands did on Espana yesterday.

It is the bigger sensation. Yes, Netherlands beating Spain BY THAT MARGIN was huge, but there was the possibility of Netherlands beating Spain.

I know no one who didn´t think this would be an easy win for the Urus. No matter if the mistake was us misjudging Uruguay or us misjudging Costa Rica´s squad. Incredible match by the Ticos, great set pieces, incredibly fast forwards and a great 3-1 counter goal. Early candidate for upset of the World Cup!

Look, it's going to take some time to rehabilitate your image, so don't expect people to just start taking your opinion with anything more than a grain of salt right away.

Everybody in that group is now going to have to re-evaluate their gameplan. All 3 of the other teams were expecting to pick up 3 points from Costa Rica. Now, who knows what the fuck is going to happen there.