DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

The Lions have said that they are tabling contract talks with Ndamukong Suh until after the season.

His franchise tag number next year would be $27 million. Twenty. . .seven.

He isn't going back to Detroit. Good.

He's a really good talent regardless of how you feel about his style of play.

He's a guy I would definitely want on my Defensive line.  It makes me immediately more menacing.

I'd take him too, but NOBODY in the NFL is worth $27 million. . . . .

Alas--Suh is there for this year, however.  Which means Ponder is on Suh's menu as a wee appetizer.  Aaron Rodgers is the possible main entree, of course.  With Jay Cutler being the after-dinner cigarette.

If he wants to kill the third-string quarterback, then by all means. . .

• Like 1

The Colts release Chris Rainey due to a violation of team rules.

So basically if you play running back right now - the Colts might be giving you a call

Jonathan Stewart - or DeAngelo Williams - for the low price of one 1st round pick! Book it.

Still wouldn't be as bad as the Trent deal.

So basically if you play running back right now - the Colts might be giving you a call

Jonathan Stewart - or DeAngelo Williams - for the low price of one 1st round pick! Book it.

SHUT. UP.

SHUT. UP.

How else are we gonna magically make the cap room to do the Cam extension?

So apparently Josh Gordon's urine test was 1 nanogram over the limit and he is claiming it is from second hand smoke.  The sample was split into two one was over the limit and the second wasn't but since they tested the one over first it doesn't matter that the second is under.  Combine this with his .01% over the limit, he is literally the worst drug/alcohol abuser of all time. 

It should also be noted that because he was in the Stage III of the drug testing and treatment program, he was subject to up to 10 random tests per month. It has been reported by multiple major sources that he has passed over 70 random tests. 

I really hope no one here brings the heat with some variation of "Even if it is second hand smoke, he needs to make better life decisions about who he hangs out with" because now that Antacular is gone, I genuinely like everyone here, and I'm not sure I could claim that if a person honestly believes in that line of thinking. 

• Like 2

It should also be noted that because he was in the Stage III of the drug testing and treatment program, he was subject to up to 10 random tests per month. It has been reported by multiple major sources that he has passed over 70 random tests. 

I really hope no one here brings the heat with some variation of "Even if it is second hand smoke, he needs to make better life decisions about who he hangs out with" because now that Antacular is gone, I genuinely like everyone here, and I'm not sure I could claim that if a person honestly believes in that line of thinking. 

There is also stuff like this...

http://healthland.time.com/2013/09/17/one-toke-many-hits-exercise-could-trigger-additional-high-for-marijuana-users/

So he could have been popped because he was working out to get in shape for the season.

Someone had the brilliant suggestion that to solve the Redskins problems, just change the logo to a potato.

I like it.

Uh, this was suggested months ago :)

• Like 1

You think "don't hang out with dudes who are smoking dope" is not valid advice for somebody who's been repeatedly popped for smoking dope?  I'm not saying the guy should ditch his friends or anything like that but a "oh hey guys, I gotta jet" when somebody tokes up is probably in order.

You think "don't hang out with dudes who are smoking dope" is not valid advice for somebody who's been repeatedly popped for smoking dope?  I'm not saying the guy should ditch his friends or anything like that but a "oh hey guys, I gotta jet" when somebody tokes up is probably in order.

Even thought Tabe has been really mean to me lately, I have to agree with him.  If I was told "Hey Kevin, if you inhale any drugs at all, even second hand, you will be suspended from your job for a year" guess what?  Kevin ain't getting anywhere near some smoke.  Its not about thinking the rules are fair, you still have to follow them.  I have to wear dress shoes to work.  I hate it, I walk like 7,000 steps a day, my feet are always sore.  Still gotta wear dress shoes.  Rules are rules, even stupid ones, and its his responsibility to be as careful as possible that he doesn't break them.

• Like 1