DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

My countrymen are idiots.

EDIT: A slight majority of my countrymen are idiots. Although some of my countrymen won't be my countrymen any more soon. Rio 2016 will be the last Olympics with a United Kingdom team. The Scots are leaving ASAP, and the Northern Irish are soon to follow (or just lose the Northern part - which will put them back in the EU).

The Welsh might even leave too.

• Like 1

I'd like to attach a rider to the education reform bill, 96 billion $ for a study on why the rabbits keep eating my garden.

So judging from my twitter feed, we are either seeing the death of England, the death of the EU, the death of all of Europe, or a glorious new era dawning in the United Kingdom...

• Like 1

On Today show they sure talked it up like it's the greatest thing to happen to the country.  Yet they mention the worldwide stock markets plummeting but say "Eh, it's not that bad."  Yeah, I'm not so sure about that.  This is topic I need to more research on, but all I know is that it's a huge deal.

I feel maybe we should get a topic going for current events (not it's own subforum) for stuff like this.  All it would be is just casual talk about stuff like this, hoping it remains civil.

2 minutes ago, NickMD said:

I feel maybe we should get a topic going for current events (not it's own subforum) for stuff like this.  All it would be is just casual talk about stuff like this, hoping it remains civil.

Keep living that dream

• Like 8

It's not quite over yet though.  They still have to call the Article 50 vote in Parliment, and with the market and pound tanking with the results, along with the TKIP Guys already walking back their promises, notabaly the 350 GBP savings going into the NHS isn't gonna happen and that leaving the EU meant less immigration (setting a record for shortest time from winning a vote to reneging on campaign promises), it's possible that when Parliment votes, they decide to stay.  Voting against the referendum may not be the political suicide it would've been 24 hours ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

It's not quite over yet though.  They still have to call the Article 50 vote in Parliment, and with the market and pound tanking with the results, along with the TKIP Guys already walking back their promises, notabaly the 350 GBP savings going into the NHS isn't gonna happen and that leaving the EU meant less immigration (setting a record for shortest time from winning a vote to reneging on campaign promises), it's possible that when Parliment votes, they decide to stay.  Voting against the referendum may not be the political suicide it would've been 24 hours ago.

Yeah - I am thinking the one guy who was all "I voted to leave but I didn't think the vote would count and now I am worried" wouldn't complain

36 minutes ago, NickMD said:

On Today show they sure talked it up like it's the greatest thing to happen to the country.  Yet they mention the worldwide stock markets plummeting but say "Eh, it's not that bad."  Yeah, I'm not so sure about that.  This is topic I need to more research on, but all I know is that it's a huge deal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lazlo Woodbine said:

It wasn't region blocked on youtube like usual though.

Anyway, on to the next referendum.

You mean Scotland's second attempt to leave the UK and stay with Europe? I feel for my friends across the pond as this is about to get weird for them.

• Like 1