DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Filler 6-2-14

MGFanJay

Honestly, as well done as the turn was, what possible reason other than "I don't want to be stuck fueding WITH Triple H forever because he can't beat us and he'll drag this out so I'll join him" is there for Rollins?

To be the hand-picked future star of Evolution instead of the guy who was playing peacemaker in The Shield? 

If Evolution didn't spend the last 3 months getting their asses kicked, it might make more sense.

They dropped their weak link and picked up a better guy and dropped the shield down to a chubby Samoan and an unstable fool.

• Like 2

Work was really busy tonight so I had the show on mute and wasn't really paying attention to it for most of the evening.  I'm reserving judgement for the Rollins turn until they actually explain it.  The options I can think of are him being tired of holding shit together for Reins and Ambrose, HHH simply paying him off, or some bullshit like they did with Big Show where HHH bought the mortgage to Rollins' house and is holding it over his head.

JBL Mental Cameo of the night:

It was going to be these guys:

Ding_Dongs1.jpg

But then he turned around and pulled this out of his ass Wikipedia and then pronounced it wrong:

Russian conductor Valery Gergiev (The "G"s are hard.  Like all real G's, Yo.)
index80_90_98.jpg

While I think it makes no sense, I'll hold off totally demoaning the turn as a shitty move until it pans out a couple weeks.

But "Last person I'd think turn" and "That was out of nowhere" does not automatically mean its good.

Honestly, as well done as the turn was, what possible reason other than "I don't want to be stuck fueding WITH Triple H forever because he can't beat us and he'll drag this out so I'll join him" is there for Rollins?

Money and power are the ultimate tools of corruption. Just keep it like that, and maybe some jealousy, and you're good to go with the explanation.

So have Ambrose get corrupted instead. He makes more sense as a heel and Rollins is more sympathetic as a babyface. Or turn Reigns and make him the new Batista. They picked the turn that made the least sense of the three.

That's why Rollins was the best to turn in terms of the "OMG WHAT???" factor. And that's the point of a big turn, too.

The point is to make the crowd go quiet cuz it's pointless and stupid?

George-W.-Bush-Mission-accomplished.jpg

• Like 1

I liked Bo/Kofi, Usos/Wyatts, & Alica/Aksana vs. Nikki. The last segment was legit surprising, but also felt pretty damn stupid as it makes zero sense for Seth to turn now after Shield dominated. It feels like a waste as the group was good together and they could have easily built up other people by having Trips replace Batista and Orton for the failures.

Money and power are the ultimate tools of corruption. Just keep it like that, and maybe some jealousy, and you're good to go with the explanation.

So have Ambrose get corrupted instead. He makes more sense as a heel and Rollins is more sympathetic as a babyface. Or turn Reigns and make him the new Batista. They picked the turn that made the least sense of the three.

That's why Rollins was the best to turn in terms of the "OMG WHAT???" factor. And that's the point of a big turn, too.

Was I imagining the "you sold out" chants?

If I was HHH, Rollins is who I'd go after, too. He's the brains behind the stable that just conquered Evolution 3-0. He's the architect behind the greatest stable of all-time. Ambrose is an unstable lunatic. Reigns is the monster in the faction but a trained eye like HHH would realize that Rollins is the better overall guy in the ring. Reigns is a beast but Rollins can do it all.

• Like 3

No, you weren't. Angle got a lot of heat.

Were you imagining that it went longer than fifteen seconds? They get more mileage out of CM Punk chants.

For people saying the turn makes no sense, let's not forget he was getting sick of The Shield internal fights justa couple months ago. So there's something there.

Also, must say i absolutely loved Dean's shocked reaction. For a second i was expecting a slow smile/Stephanie like heel turn and hug with Rollins.

• Like 1

No, you didn't imagine all 20 people chanting it for 5 seconds surrounded by dead silence for the entire beatdown and poseing at the end.

I'd like to think this will be the beginning of a long torturous road for Seth Rollins who thinks he sees the smart path, but is in no way ready to deal on his own with the likes of HHH.  Once they use him up and he hits bottom, he'll have a long road to redemption.

THAT'S MY FANFIC AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!!

The fact that they had to mentioned Batista quitting 5 times tells how meaningless this show was until the last 5 minutes

Don't have a problem with breaking up the Shield but putting Rollins with Triple H and Orton sounds like a short term good idea with long term disastrous results.   Have to wonder if the plan for Reigns vs Triple H has changed to Rollins vs Triple H