DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Me and the children have been bending pipe cleaners to create beautiful art, John! And no matter how hard you try, not even you can straighten them out again.

"We've all made god's eyes out of yarn and we see you, John. We see the real you."

Me and the children have been bending pipe cleaners to create beautiful art, John! And no matter how hard you try, not even you can straighten them out again.

"We've all made god's eyes out of yarn and we see you, John. We see the real you."

"Harper just took the children to a DC Talk reunion concert, John, and it was delightful. They played through most of Nu Thang as an encore!" *said while Rowan rocks back and forth chanting OBEY*

I  think there's a lot of intrigue in having a member of The Shield win MITB (probably Ambrose, but with the way they're pushing RolIlins who knows?) and then have Roman win the title at, say. Survivor Series. Have them continue to be together for a few months and then do the turn/title switch to lead into a WM program.

That's putting a lot of pressure on them, but they've all basically been main event players for a year and a half so I think it'd get over.  

Obviously, the Wyatt/Cena match should be a Bible Camp Match, a la Slaughter's Boot Camp Match.

"MAH GAWD BRAY WYATT IS DROWNING CENA IN THAT BUG JUICE!"

"JR, Maggle, if this fight ain't over before vespers both of these guys are gonna be in trouble for not being in their bunks!"

"They're working with stamps today for an art project about faith! VINTAGE CRAFT LADY!"

"Cena! Cena! Cena found an extra two dollars for canteen!"

• Like 1

Watching the angle where Maven turned down a offer to join Evolution. Months later he turned heel to flunky for Simon Dean. 

Trying to think of a worse decision in wrestling history, but that is really bad. 

Hiring Maven?

• Like 2

He won the game show, their hands were tied. 

Though you see how WWE really had more of a commitment to this stuff back then. With NXT, Barrett is the only winner still on the roster. They could not even keep Kaval on the roster a year. 

He won the game show, their hands were tied. 

Though you see how WWE really had more of a commitment to this stuff back then. With NXT, Barrett is the only winner still on the roster. They could not even keep Kaval on the roster a year. 

If Kaval hadn't been Low Ki he still would be on the roster, but Low Ki is going to Low Ki.

• Like 3

Watching the angle where Maven turned down a offer to join Evolution. Months later he turned heel to flunky for Simon Dean.

Trying to think of a worse decision in wrestling history, but that is really bad.

That's easy. Mr. Fuji dumping Demolition without stealing the titles first.

Also, Sting letting Flair convince him to tag up against AA and Pillman.

Agreed, always liked Maven and loved that period where he was in around the main event scene. Great underdog babyface, he and HHH worked well together.

Fuji also issued an open challenge to a fresh Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania with his champion exhausted. Macho Man picking a fight with an enraged Hogan while reigning champion was a really bad decision. Though I guess he had to beat Hogan to live with himself. 

But Sting knew what Flair was going to do. He was trying to do what he thought was right and even warned Flair. This was not Tommy Dreamer trusting the Bruise Brothers. 

Actually thinking about it, Flair was pretty stupid to pick that fight with Sting. 

From a kayfabe standpoint, Fuji really was a terrible manager...devious, but terrible.

I vividly remember a promo Fuji did with Demolition where he talked about their 'training regimen.' He would take Ax and Smash, tie them to rocking chairs in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, tie wild hogs to the rocking chairs, and if they drown, they fail the test.

On second thought, that makes him infinitely better than Johnny V, now that's a manager that sucked.

Fuji also issued an open challenge to a fresh Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania with his champion exhausted. Macho Man picking a fight with an enraged Hogan while reigning champion was a really bad decision. Though I guess he had to beat Hogan to live with himself. 

But Sting knew what Flair was going to do. He was trying to do what he thought was right and even warned Flair. This was not Tommy Dreamer trusting the Bruise Brothers. 

Actually thinking about it, Flair was pretty stupid to pick that fight with Sting. 

One great thing about Flair is that every time he pulls shit like that, he wins the title shortly thereafter.

Fuji was actually a really good manager and the WON was just reactive or deadset in its "Oh god, wrestling can't be embarrassing. It has to be serious." views. I think he was pretty effective in laying in interference and really, for a lot of matches his teams were involved was critical for either the finishes or the heels taking over and he was good at hitting his marks. His promos were fairly effective too. Were they stereotypical? Sure but they were also pretty memorable and deeply insulting to the babyface. Add in the fact that he could get in the ring occasionally and be effective at playing the role he had to there, and he's hugely underrated. I also think he's underrated as a wrestler, but that's beside the point. 

When there were guys like Frenchy Martin or Johnny V running around, Fuji was great. 

Bobby the Brain made the most brilliant kayfabe business move ever. He publicly sold Andre's contract to DiBiase for $10million and then bought it back for $1million. I think all of this took place on episodes of Prime Time.