DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I have no animosity, bitterness or anything towards Punk. If it wasnt fun anymore and he can afford to go home good for him. Celebrity is a funny thing especially in the States where we sensationalize celebraties and treat them like animals in the zoo. I can see how people taking pictures of you and gawking at you like your a rare bird or something can get annoying but Punks life isnt taht bad sure he might have to deal with over zealous fans from time to time but what celebrity hasnt? Shit Master P had a stalker that reffered to himself as Kevin after his deceased brother, i'd take getting interrupted at dinner over that. If Punk never wrestles agian I'm ok with that he was entertaining to watch but I dont want to hear him mope about celebrity.

HOOTY HOO!

• Like 5

Punk was a good talker and a decent wrestler who was often sloppy as fuck. He's been gone for a few months and guys like Bryan, the Wyatts, Cesaro and The Shield are more interesting than he's been in a very long time. I'll never understand the people who can't live without him.

About the article..I doubt very much he's getting mobbed everywhere he goes. He's not Leo DiCaprio.

• Like 1

Daniel Bryan kind of fulfilled all the things Punk told us would happen and that he was supposed to stand for.  And he's not an asshole and has long hair and a beard.

Punk was John the Baptist to Bryan's Jesus. We all know what happened to John the Baptist, right? 

A crazy young woman led him to slaughter.

• Like 5

I have no animosity, bitterness or anything towards Punk. If it wasnt fun anymore and he can afford to go home good for him. Celebrity is a funny thing especially in the States where we sensationalize celebraties and treat them like animals in the zoo. I can see how people taking pictures of you and gawking at you like your a rare bird or something can get annoying but Punks life isnt taht bad sure he might have to deal with over zealous fans from time to time but what celebrity hasnt? Shit Master P had a stalker that reffered to himself as Kevin after his deceased brother, i'd take getting interrupted at dinner over that. If Punk never wrestles agian I'm ok with that he was entertaining to watch but I dont want to hear him mope about celebrity.

HOOTY HOO!

What chu wan' do?

I don't know if she's crazy but she is in danger of losing her spot if she doesn't regain her smile very soon...  There are a lot of talented divas being called up and in NXT.

How good her spot is depends on whether she brings him back as CM Punk or as Reek.

• Like 1

So I have been going through 1994 WCW lately, and something dawned on me.  Hogan's initial run up until the Flair retirement match is pretty damn good.  Granted most of it is WITH Flair, but shit, Hulk looked motivated as hell.  He was breaking his formula a little bit, and it resulted in some super heated matches with Flair.  This had to be the last time Hogan sold for anyone for about another 6 years.

It's weird how they constantly mention him during Superbrawl 94 (5 months before he actually signs) in hindsight, given how TNA did the same thing with him and Jarrett ten years later, and he ends up re-signing with WWE.

Spend half a PPV dismissing a hot Vader-Flair match for a potential Hogan-Flair dream match, and Hogan either goes back to Vince or continues to film his TV series could have quite easily occurred.

Daniel Bryan kind of fulfilled all the things Punk told us would happen and that he was supposed to stand for.  And he's not an asshole and has long hair and a beard.

Punk was John the Baptist to Bryan's Jesus. We all know what happened to John the Baptist, right? 

A crazy young woman led him to slaughter.

This is why I think that Bryan-Punk will main event Mania next year. Story tells itself, and Punk acting as a jealous bastard will be normal to him (and I love the guy).

• Like 1

Everyone slamming Punk for "moping about his celebrity" needs to go back and read the original, which wasn't written by Punk.

You can't slam him for maintaining radio silence and then claim he's complaining about his celebrity. AFAIK, he hasn't said word one about it since he left.

So I have been going through 1994 WCW lately, and something dawned on me.  Hogan's initial run up until the Flair retirement match is pretty damn good.  Granted most of it is WITH Flair, but shit, Hulk looked motivated as hell.  He was breaking his formula a little bit, and it resulted in some super heated matches with Flair.  This had to be the last time Hogan sold for anyone for about another 6 years.

Wasn't anything wrong with his work in WCW. He just became insecure he refused to make anybody look good to his detriment. He trusted Flair and was willing to sell and bump for him. The Bash 94 match is a great match, him and Flair are both at their best. 

But after that, he would not even put Beefcake over. No selling the Sleeper at the Clash. 

As I've already made clear, he's boning a robot created by an ancient druid (you remember that was Vince right?) and programmed to bring him back into the fold.

Also all those Rey masks and sheep masks they keep selling are going to turn everyone's face into bugs:

Okay, so Vince is Conal Cochran, Punk is Dr. Challis, AJ is Ellie.  What about Bryan and Cena?  Are they Punk's fellow humans who were already seduced by the robots, or robots who think they're human, or something else?  And most importantly, who in WWE represents the gas station attendant?

• Like 1

Seriously, why the fuck do any of you even care? DVDVR is not the People Magazine of message boards. We are here to discuss good wrestling, good movies, good MMA, good comics, good books, good music. Yeah some gossip bullshit comes into it but damn. I know Waiter is never going to stop but please, that might be part of the fun of it but there are better things in life son. Like watching matches in the WOTD threads, for example

• Like 4

At least you didn't just expend fifteen minutes of your life force trying to think of a funny answer for who in the WWE is the attendant at the gas station down by the Silver Shamrock factory.

BECAUSE I DID.

Are you talking about the Michael Myers movie that has no Michael Myers?

The first Vader match at SuperBrawl V is god damn great as well.

It's too bad the mixed reaction spooked Hogan and the rematches were squashes. 

He had good matches with Kamala an Tenta. I guess he trusted both of those guys.

Most people are ungrateful pieces of shit.

Are you ever going to cheer up?

With the way things are going, probably not.

Well I hope things get better. It's no fun sparring with someone whose heart just isn't in it.

At least you didn't just expend fifteen minutes of your life force trying to think of a funny answer for who in the WWE is the attendant at the gas station down by the Silver Shamrock factory.

BECAUSE I DID.

Are you talking about the Michael Myers movie that has no Michael Myers?

Yes he was.