DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I went to the Chikara show and had a great time. I was surprised at how much energy the crowd was able to keep up, because the show was long and people were loud from the first bell. Like others have said, I think I have seen better shows from them, but I think as a reboot and jumping on point for a whole bunch of new viewers, this was a really strong effort. I liked the show ending angle a lot, because Chikara does mystery really well, especially when it is directly related to the in ring stuff and not weirdness for its own sake. 

I mostly agree. Not their best show, but a fine way to start again. I was genuinely surprised at how full the venue was just minutes after the doors opened. 

Really liked that new Smooth Sailing guy. "HEY!....I break at one, ref" was hilarious.

When i went to NPWD, it was standing room only there.

The other night, for WIF, they had tarped off part of the building, so they maybe only had it set up for a couple hundred people, but it appeared to be pretty full.

Ya know, I'd totally forgotten about that little guy. 

This has nothing to do with that, but I just found out that Matthew Saad Muhammad died.  He was a boxer, and in 1992 he had a mixed match against Kiyoshi Tamura, which may have been a shoot but who knows.

Edited by cool arrow

For me, KOT is not even just the shows themselves (which are usually incredible), but the excitement in the unveiling of teams. I remember the plotzing over Faces of Pain.

It would be interesting to see Donst on the show, repping a company that isn't Chikara. Actually, I speculate on what a Donst/Touchdown match could be ...

*sigh*

I've missed Chikara ...

• Like 2

For me, KOT is not even just the shows themselves (which are usually incredible), but the excitement in the unveiling of teams. I remember the plotzing over Faces of Pain.

It would be interesting to see Donst on the show, repping a company that isn't Chikara. Actually, I speculate on what a Donst/Touchdown match could be ...

*sigh*

I've missed Chikara ...

I pointed out to someone recently that we once Had Daniel Bryan and Cesaro as 2/3 of a six man during King of Trios. I think i made SMV a sale.
  • Like 1