DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Z-Bo signed a new contract with the Grizz.  2 years $20M.  That's a pretty good deal as he probably would have got 12-13M a year in free agency.  If they decline Koufos' option they'll have a little money to spend in free agency.

I don't get people who're pissed about Charlotte "helping" Miami... they wanted Hairston anyway, so Napier would've fallen to Miami if they hadn't been so shook. All the Hornets did was help alleviate them of a few extra picks (Which they flipped into $2m cap space).

I don't get people who're pissed about Charlotte "helping" Miami... they wanted Hairston anyway, so Napier would've fallen to Miami if they hadn't been so shook. All the Hornets did was help alleviate them of a few extra picks (Which they flipped into $2m cap space).

I think people reacting that way are more looking at it from the "Lebron wants Shabazz" point of view and thinking Miami pulled this off to keep him there when he's more than likely staying anyways. 

That and Shabazz is the fresh new name at point guard that their fans are giddy about after going thru a Finals loss.

Its kind of like with the  Spurs, no matter who they picked, someone would have said it was a great pick.  Granted, Kyle Anderson was a really good pick there since his game fits pretty seamlessly with their current roster.

As bad as Simmons' Boston homering is, it pales in comparison to him using that otherwise-beautiful Isaiah Austin moment to shill for the league and how much better he think they treat players than the NFL...what a sycophantic jackass...

• Like 1

Well, he is right about that. It's one of those things to expand on in a column, though. Not in the moment.

I think we can all agree that the NFL could learn a lesson or two from pretty much every other sports league.

• Like 2

He was doing stuff like that all night. It would be his turn to talk about somebody drafted and within 30 seconds of Silver stating the pick he was talking about other players falling and shit. 

Napier was a near loss to St. Joe's away from being a second round pick and nowhere near LeBron's radar. It's an awesome pick to try and sway LBJ back to the Heat but I'm doubtful that he'll be anything decent. He can shoot it from distance but he'll have a hard time getting to the rim. He's also listed at 6'1", so subtract a few inches. He'll have a really hard time creating a shot on his own. Maybe he'll be a good guy out of double teams but we'll see. He's also 22.

I knew the Spurs were going to go with either Kyle Anderson or Cleanthony from Wichita State. In the right system -- aka the Spurs -- Cleanthony becomes a poor man's Kawhi Leonard. But being they already have the actual Sugar K., I can see skipping on him. Anderson's passing ability, especially with his height, make him such a great pick for that team. He might not play his first year but moving the ball around is his premier strength.

I love what the Sixers did. I trust their front-office so much to do the due diligence about Embid's injury. If the big if pays off, they hit a home run. Saric's also a friggin' steal, especially since they conned the Magic into giving them another draft pick.

He was the best player in the Adriatic League, which is one of the best professional basketball leagues in the world.

It's at least on par with the best NCAA teams and probably a bit better. He was really good in the Eurocup, which is the Champion's League of basketball. He just signed with the best team in Turkey (a constant Eurocup contender), the same team that gave the NBA Hedu Terkolu and Mehmet Okur. They currently have Nenad Kristic, who had a decent NBA career. That team knows what it's doing.

He's 19.

This cracked me up just now!

M.S. Boyer/J. Valade @PDcavsinsider 

Mitchell Wiggins says his son has killer mentality. Andrew once lost 100-m sprint in 9th grade, so quit track. "Because he wants to win."

His killer mentality led him to quitting track after losing...LOL!

I love what the Sixers did. I trust their front-office so much to do the due diligence about Embid's injury. If the big if pays off, they hit a home run. Saric's also a friggin' steal, especially since they conned the Magic into giving them another draft pick.

They got their pick back from the Bynum deal, so they can at least erase that part from their memories.

• Like 1

They got their pick back from the Bynum deal, so they can at least erase that part from their memories.

When Doug Collins was doing the pre-game shows for ESPN this year, I really wish someone reminded him that he's truly, truly awful at running a basketball team.

• Like 1

When Doug Collins was doing the pre-game shows for ESPN this year, I really wish someone reminded him that he's truly, truly awful at running a basketball team.

Didn't stop Matt Millen from polluting our NFL broadcasts. 

I love how Minnesota basically drafted the same guy twice, but the one drafted in the 2nd round has actual NBA skills while the one drafted 13TH OVER-FUCKING-ALL(and the 3RD-best UCLA player in the fucking draft, to boot) can only jump really high!

Fuck you, Flip Saunders, you sorry lying sack of shit. All you do is give your buddy Bill Duffy good money by drafting/trading for his shitty ass clients while running the damn team into the ground. LaVine won't even be worth a damn until probably his contract year because he can't fucking shoot, doesn't handle the ball, can't play defense, or do *anything* that even an average NBA player should be able to do on Day 1. 'Course, Flip would know this if he actually did any scouting worth a shit instead of drafting by how athletic a kid looks. Kyle Anderson was RIGHT FUCKING THERE AND NOW HE'S GOING TO AN ORGANIZATION THAT KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK IT'S DOING. Glen Taylor needs to sell the damn team and Flip needs to be dragged out behind the woodshed and shot.

Fuck this team and fuck me for being a fan of it.

FUCK YEAH! Want to be a Cubs fan? You'd fit right in.

Man, I'm a fan of a team that has Idiocy Incarnate a.k.a. Fredi Gonzalez running it. I don't think I can handle any more misery.

Didn't stop Matt Millen from polluting our NFL broadcasts. 

Did the Lions ownership ever hear Millen speak BEFORE they hired him? Because he was absolutely awful as an announcer.

If they dump Simmons from the draft show, they'd just replace him with a Stephen A. Smith-centric broadcast.

I remember Stephen A Smith being on the broadcast the one year and making a total ass of himself by attacking Portland the whole draft. I don't watch much ESPN programming, just games and draft related things, but when I do I am always glad they don't have Smith and Bayless out there yelling at each other. They should put Ryen Russillo on with Bayless more often. They had him out there with him years ago and it was really funny. The look on Russillo's face while Bayless was talking pretty much summed up the feelings normal people get while watching that show. I'm sure the suits there picked up on it. It wasn't subtle. 

Bucher got GOT!

Ric Bucher @RicBucher 

My deepest and sincere apologies. My report on Lowry and a S&T between the Raptors-Heat is wrong. I should've known better. I could not...

Ric Bucher @RicBucher 

...be more embarrassed. I can't explain why someone would go the lengths "my source" did to set me up, but that's irrelevant. I allowed...

Ric Bucher @RicBucher

my zeal to break a story take too much for granted. I'd like to think I'm better than that. Yesterday and today I was not.

We all know that nothing is worse than grading a draft the day after it happened, but dammit, I cannot stop reading those low hanging fruit articles that do just that every year.