DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Bucks press conference is going on now.  The new owners and Kohl are each ponying up $100M towards a new arena, which covers about half the estimated cost.  So that's a good start, at least.

Looks like everyone who was listed in the top 10 in mock drafts ended up declaring for this draft now that Jabari Parker's in. Should be a pretty good top 10 in this year's draft. Dante Exum trying to talk his way into getting picked by the Lakers, but I think he might go a bit higher. 

Lottery is on May 20th. Here's the current order:

1. Bucks - 25%

2. 76ers - 19.9%

3. Magic - 15.6%

4. Celtics - 10.3%

5. Jazz - 10.4%

6. Lakers - 6.3%

7. Kings - 4.3%

8. Pistons 2.8%

9. Cavs - 1.7%

10. Pelicans - 1.1%

11. Nuggets - 0.8%

12. Magic - 0.7% (pick from the Nuggets/Knicks switcheroo)

13. TWolves - 0.6%

14. Suns - 0.5%

Celtics/Jazz are probably going to have to flip a coin to see who gets an extra ping pong ball. Pistons hoping no one behind them moves ahead. I think they lose the pick if its not at 8.

So... is this year's draft so good that it would make more sense to cash in our Top 10 protected Bobcats pick this year or continue to hold out for the unprotected 2016? Because it's possible that Charlotte could continue to be a 7-8 seed for the next couple of years.

So... is this year's draft so good that it would make more sense to cash in our Top 10 protected Bobcats pick this year or continue to hold out for the unprotected 2016? Because it's possible that Charlotte could continue to be a 7-8 seed for the next couple of years.

I don't think you get to choose. Once it falls outside of the protected range, it is automatically conveyed.

I don't think you get to choose. Once it falls outside of the protected range, it is automatically conveyed.

Ahhhh so. I'm fine with this.

Correct, which is why I was so happy that OKC gets the Dallas pick this year.  You can't make any trades with the pick or anything, and neither team decides when you take the pick.

I think you can trade a pick like that, unless you have the Stepien rule exceptions. . . 

Maybe they're trying to swindle the Lakers into thinking that D'Antoni can make Amar'e great again?

I imagine you can talk Jimmy Buss into just about anything, especially since his favorite was Andrew Bynum.  Though how the hell can NY and LAL do a deal that doesn't have conflicts of interest?

Via Chad Ford "NBA just did tiebreakers for draft. Utah (25-57) won a tiebreaker with Boston. Brooklyn (44-38) won a tiebreaker with Washington. Chicago (48-34) won tiebreaker w/Toronto. Portland (54-28) won a tiebreaker w/ Miami & Houston; Houston then won a tie-breaker w/ Miami"

Bright side for Boston fans since 1990 5th spot in lottery has moved up to top 3 46% of the time compared to 33% for team at 4. Here's a chart.