DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I think if LeBron goes to the West, he's in for a rude awakening.

What exactly are you implying here? That Lebron suddenly becomes not the best player in basketball if he lives on the West Coast? That his team won't win 55+ games? Lebron's Eastern Conference teams have historically had very good record against Western Conference teams. It's not like Lebron is the best pitcher in AA and suddenly goes to the AL East. He has played all of these teams literally hundreds of times now, and has performed at the exact same level as against his Eastern competition. 

No, but it's much easier to navigate the Eastern Conference playoffs right now. Has been for many years, I think that's the point he's trying to make. Miami's first two rounds this year were essentially byes, meanwhile San Antonio had to go through a knock-down drag out fight with the Mavericks just to get out of round number 1. Imagine how broken down Wade would have been if he had to play more than 9 games in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I predicted awhile ago LeBron was going to Chicago, and I'm sticking with that pick. Once they amnesty Boozer, I think they can find the money to bring in James.

Yeah, Dewar hit the nail on the head for me, but it's also harder to make the playoffs in the West and he'll be playing those harder teams a lot more than he was before. Even more, if he joins the Suns, he'll be playing the Warriors and Clippers a lot which were two hard teams this past year.

It's not that I think LeBron is going to fall on his face in the West, I just think he's going to have to work harder than he has in years. That could work out well for him and turn out some amazing basketball, but my point is just that the difference in the quality of teams conference to conference is staggering and James has been in the East his whole career.

What I don't get, is why would Lebron opt out just to resign for less money?  Unless Wade and Bosh do the same, that won't give them the freedom to sign anyone else.

Wade should get that $40 million while he can get it.  He is under contract for $40 million and he should take it and run limp.

• Like 3

What I don't get, is why would Lebron opt out just to resign for less money?  Unless Wade and Bosh do the same, that won't give them the freedom to sign anyone else.

Wade should get that $40 million while he can get it.  He is under contract for $40 million and he should take it and run limp.

This is why the Heat will have trouble.  Wade, unless his agents are totals morons, will not opt out. His body is shot, and wouldn't get anything in the same neighborhood of that again. Miami could give him a Koe type deal, but I'd doubt it. Here's my prediction; Lebron goes somewhere else(not sure where), and Carmelo takes his spot in Miami with Bosh and Wade.

I actually have to agree with that. No one's seen D-Rose play yet so who knows what he'll be like? It could be a Wade situation where Year One he's good and Year Two he starts declining horrendously.

He didn't the last time.  And why does LeBron want to swap out one bad-kneed guard for another? ;)

Have you noticed EVERY team that has been mentioned as a Lebron destination has one bad-kneed guard? Rose, CP3, Kobe, Wade. COINCIDENCE? Hmm....

Well this was funny...

Amin Elhassan ‏@AminESPN 

Wait....don't you mean a "cable television network"?! RT @WojYahooNBA: ESPN first reported opt-out.

Woj response...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 

@AminESPN You have 75 guys there. You really should break every story. I'd be more worried about that than me.

Unnamed sources close to the burn described it as "sick."

• Like 4