DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

Time to move it out of the TNA folder

NASHVILLE — After weeks of speculation and unprecedented internet buzz surrounding the hashtag #ItsComing … IT IS HERE!

Legendary performer and third-generation promoter Jeff Jarrett and his wife, Karen, are set to unveil Global Force Wrestling (GlobalForceWrestling.com), which promises to be the most fan-interactive and immersive wrestling experience in history.

"Because of new media, new technology and more 'in-tune' fans than we've ever had, wrestling is poised for another boom like it experienced in the mid-1980s and late 1990s," Jeff Jarrett said. "What we're going to deliver is a multi-platform, innovative brand that will engage fans in ways they've never experienced. It will provide a fresh perspective inside the business that fans have been clamoring for."

Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.

"Jeff was born into this business," Karen Jarrett said. "It's his life's passion. He saw a unique opportunity to fill a need in professional wrestling, and he has tirelessly devoted himself physically, mentally and emotionally to doing just that."

Videos of the Jarretts previewing the new promotion attached to the hashtag #ItsComing have garnered more than a million views. Meanwhile, Jeff and Karen have been searching the United States and the international ranks in search of undiscovered talent. The response has been overwhelming, with more than 400 performers from across the globe already in the evolving GFW talent database.

"The reality is we want to build a brand in which fans are watching our wrestlers evolve from day one and are truly invested in the lives of our talent in and out of the ring," Jarrett said.

Global Force Wrestling expects to make several more key announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

Anyone else think that's a horrid name for a promotion in 2014?

NOPE. It's instantly the best one. And a G-F-DUB chant would sound like J-EFF DUB, which cracks me up. 

• Like 1

I'm with people who love the name. It reminds me of all my favorite late-'80s and early-'90s cartoons. I think this fed should have a Thundercats-like theme for its shows. GLOBAL FORCE IS ON THE MOVE, GLOBAL FORCE IS LOOSE!

I'm always excited for more wrestling. I did enjoy Ring Ka King, so I hope Jarrett uses his experience with that promotion to bring some of those folks in. Also, Scott Steiner probably needs a job...

Jeff has been playing Total Extreme Warfare hasn't he? The name sounds like something straight out of the Cornell-verse and he is yabbering about databases.

Maybe the "promotion" will just be a TEW diary written by Jarrett. Explains why he's proud of having a large database. 

• Like 2

Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.

Four months of planning? They must really be serious about it.

• Like 11

I want to like this soooo bad, but I am out.  I have been planning my vacation longer than they have planned a Global Force.  

I was just going to say the same thing "I've been thinking about this all morning and it's time to make an announcement!"

Also, site is back up, the store features Global Force wrestling tees for $20-25, autographed 8x10s of Jeff Jarrett or Karen Angle for $5.00 or the whole set for $20...or $40 (If you click on it, it says $20 so it makes the $40 more baffling, seeing as there are 5 photos).  

Also, the main page features ads for discounted knives and idateasians.com

They're advertising a startup Wrestling Promotion.  Those ads suprise you how?

If anyone doubts that championship reigns are a dime a dozen these days and long gone are the days of Flair's (in the 80's) 7 world title reigns being impressive I present to you the fact that Jeff Jarrett is toutedi n the release as a freaking 12 time world champion. 

Of course some of those are TNA so they don't count

They're advertising a startup Wrestling Promotion.  Those ads suprise you how?

And they are aimed to an audience that watches CMT....