DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-17-14

MGFanJay

I thought it was weird that Cole said the #5 spot wins the elimination Chamber the most, and that's partly because all three of Triple H's wins come from that spot. Feels less like an interesting stat more like pointing out how Triple H lays out his matches.

Speaking of which - WWE.com has a EC: By The Numbers article up

I am shocked - SHOCKED - that Triple H has won 4 of the 6 times he was in it

• Like 1

HHH wins even when he doesn't

Just got to thinking about the secondary titles now. The tag belts really do feel above even the IC title. It's the quality in the ring around them I know, but it's also having the other two held by young and somewhat unproven guys. I know they make a big deal out of Ambrose's win streak but he's looked at more as a tag guy with him being in the Shield. It's gonna take a breakup for him to go full Honky Tonk with the US belt, if he keeps it.

And also, on Cesaro again, I think he might end up in the Kane position without having to win gold. It'll take, like Ambrose, a solo streak to make it stick.

Poor Fandango is gonna cripple himself on some throwaway match on RAW one of these days.

I'm amused that, seemingly, the only definite WrestleMania match that is being built to right now is the Fandango/Summer Rae vs Santino/Emma mixed tag.

It's interesting, in all these big singles matches there are some sick, unexpected reversals. It's kind of like how in the six-man tags you can expect a bunch of people to hit Dragon Gate speed high spots at the end, you can expect some weirdo reversals into big moves for the singles matches. WWE is workrating the shit out of us these days.

• Like 2

Cesaro's face after the fallaway slam pin attempt was so full of himself it was beautiful. 

Every time he does something his face says "Yeah, I know, I can do that too. I'm pretty awesome."

• Like 1

I am assuming Smackdown has the 6 man tag of EC participants - especially with Christian now being able to be on the heel side.

If only Teddy Long was still in charge...

I am assuming Smackdown has the 6 man tag of EC participants - especially with Christian now being able to be on the heel side.

If only Teddy Long was still in charge...

I think they already announced Sheamus vs Christian, so it's probably not happening unless everyone runs in and they HOLLA HOLLA a trios match out of it.

Just got to thinking about the secondary titles now. The tag belts really do feel above even the IC title. It's the quality in the ring around them I know, but it's also having the other two held by young and somewhat unproven guys. I know they make a big deal out of Ambrose's win streak but he's looked at more as a tag guy with him being in the Shield. It's gonna take a breakup for him to go full Honky Tonk with the US belt, if he keeps it.

And also, on Cesaro again, I think he might end up in the Kane position without having to win gold. It'll take, like Ambrose, a solo streak to make it stick.

One difference between Ambrose and Honky is that HTM had Jimmy Hart to deal with all of the paperwork associated with title defenses. Poor Ambrose has to do it all himself. Rollins and Reigns don't have to worry about that now that they've lost their titles. No wonder they're so laid back and Dean's on edge.

• Like 7

One difference between Ambrose and Honky is that HTM had Jimmy Hart to deal with all of the paperwork associated with title defenses. Poor Ambrose has to do it all himself. Rollins and Reigns don't have to worry about that now that they've lost their titles. No wonder they're so laid back and Dean's on edge.

Yeah, you'd think Reigns would step up with some of the filing work. He should know what it takes being a former tag team champion himself.

• Like 1

If Swagger beats Big E for the IC title, I'm assuming we'll get a Real American Break Up and an IC match between Swagger and Cesaro at Mania.

Why not have the Wyatts interfere to cost Ambrose the title in a match against Cesaro on the Raw after Elimination Chamber, then book a US-IC unification match for Wrestlemania and not break them up until Zeb turns on one of them during the match?