DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

So now that the shine has come off Batista (in a hilarious new world record), can we talk about that "Twitter war" he had with Del Rio where Del Rio lobbed the most inoffensive, standard wrestling work comment at him, and Batista responded by going full retard and burying the entire God damn locker room?  I distinctly remember a few people on here cheering Batista on for that.

• Like 1

I really think that if I take a wait and see attitude that things will change for the better.  There is no way they can honestly think that this is entertainment and will soon change their direction in a way that will be, you know, actually entertaining.  I can keep my positive outlook and things will improve!

I'm talking about the quality of these posts.

Pointing at signs?  Really?

• Like 1

Langston also didn't get much of a chance to shine tonight, which sucked. Maybe he shoulda been in Reigns' spot. I'm not sure which of those two I think he has a brighter future. That may be a future 'Mania main event right there: Reigns vs. Langston.

This was my first look at Russev. He looked great though.

Can't really add too much that hasn't been said already, but one thing I find interesting is the reaction from those within the business. There are several different guys I follow on Facebook/Twitter who are currently or at one point have been bookers on the indy circuit... and almost every single one of them has come out saying WWE is dropping the ball. And these aren't the typical guys who bash WWE, in fact it's rare to hear any of them discuss WWE. I just don't recall such an overwhelming negative reaction to a PPV in forever.

My buddy usually has the "WHY ARE THEY DOOOOING THIS" reaction to most "dumb" WWE choices. The Dragon stuff is just on a whole other level though. I could MAYBE suspend belief that there is some sort of plan and they have something for the main of WM with Bryan, but I doubt it. But to add to the above comment, I too noticed negative comments from workers (not just Foley) and just found it, well almost alarming.

I think we all agree that WWE isn't in any danger of having crowds the size of TNA house show events anytime soon because of the lack of Daniel Bryan, but there has to be SOMETHING? Or are we just being hopefull.

How different would this be is DB was a dick like Punk and stood up for himself like Austin pretty much implied he needed to be doing.

Also, Cena has been said to be the new HHH backstage, meaning his buddies get the shine. I wonder if Cena has lobbied for or against Bryan. The two of them could make some money at WM based on their summerslam match. Cena says he wants his shot at bryan again, the ONLY GUY TO CLEANLY BEAT HIM in forever.

Ugh, forget fantasy booking.

NXT watching should be mandatory here.

When the Network launches I won't have to watch it from my computer, which I hate doing.

We kind of hate when you do stuff on your computer too. 

But yeah, I'm glad for the new eyes NXT will get when the Network debuts. I only hope that they don't start micromanaging it. 

I was thinking about the Royal Rumble during my run this morning, and I remembered a few other nice touches, interesting moments, and glaring facts:

• Big E Langston's multi-backbreaker on Sheamus. Holy God!
  • The elimination of Kofi (Reigns making sure that he wasn't able to stop himself from hitting the floor).
  • The sheer display of awesome young talent . . . and a bright future (as long as WWE manages to keep their writing mediocre).
  • The sheer pointlessness of The Miz.
  • Swagger and Rusev's brief back-and-forth.
  • The fact that it took four or five guys to eliminate Rusev!
  • The crowd's anger when Ziggler got eliminated. (Brief anger, but pretty noticeable all the same.)
  • Zeb's signs.
  • Ryback calling Batista "stoopid."
  • Poor Seth Rollins, who got eliminated by Reigns after keeping Ambrose from eliminating him!
  • Reigns's sliding dropkick to Punk before even getting in the ring.
  • Cesaro being sexy. And uppercutty.
  • Like 3