DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

Why didn't Kofi just walk along and chill on the barricade on the other side of the ring until the end, he wasn't eliminated so just chill, wait and hope that the winner exits over the top rope, it's not like any one in the ring was paying attention to him.

Yeah.  Make Batista come to you.  And just sit there.  You know Dave will get hungry and sleepy and give up pretty quickly. 

It's the same guy. If you've heard of The Angry Grandpa, he's his son.

Thanks man.  I wasn't trying to be a dick about it re: my response to Gonzalez, but I was almost positive it was the same guy.  That he had the exact same quality of response to Punk losing to Rock *one year, to the event* ago is ... wow.  Just remarkable, in its consistency.  Tears ... great gobs of jiggly tears.  That girlfriend of his ... a saint, she must be.

Fun seeing the JBL version make a Royal Rumble match for the first time, I just wish we got a Clothesline from Hell.

I don't think I'd have changed a thing about JBL's appearance. It was played just right.

Bitchtitsta looks to be in the early stages of Lex Luger Syndrome. That Rumble could've easily been salvaged if they just went with the easy option of calling an audible and having Reigns toss out that old withered up dog.

I get when kids do things like this, but really? At least be more creative if you're going to be puerile & name call someone.

Fun seeing the JBL version make a Royal Rumble match for the first time, I just wish we got a Clothesline from Hell.

I don't think I'd have changed a thing about JBL's appearance. It was played just right.

And yet Bryan was denied, for the sake of JBL's ... how many seconds was he in there?

Thanks man.  I wasn't trying to be a dick about it re: my response to Gonzalez, but I was almost positive it was the same guy.  That he had the exact same quality of response to Punk losing to Rock *one year, to the event* ago is ... wow.  Just remarkable, in its consistency.  Tears ... great gobs of jiggly tears.  That girlfriend of his ... a saint, she must be.

I'm pretty sure it's a gimmick.  Like Francis the video game dude.  But trying to be more kayfabe.

• Like 1

Thanks man. I wasn't trying to be a dick about it re: my response to Gonzalez, but I was almost positive it was the same guy. That he had the exact same quality of response to Punk losing to Rock *one year, to the event* ago is ... wow. Just remarkable, in its consistency. Tears ... great gobs of jiggly tears. That girlfriend of his ... a saint, she must be.

I'm pretty sure it's a gimmick. Like Francis the video game dude. But trying to be more kayfabe.

I refuse to substitute my reality for this alternate suggestion you present.

I'm pretty sure it's a gimmick.  Like Francis the video game dude.  But trying to be more kayfabe.

Does he just buy a whole mess of DVD's to rip apart for these videos?

And yet Bryan was denied, for the sake of JBL's ... how many seconds was he in there?

I'm going to go out on a flyer & say that JBL isn't the reason that Bryan wasn't in the Rumble match. In fact I'm going to say that's abysmal logic.

• Like 3

How about Bryan comes out, doesn't say a word, Yesses with the crowd, then Taker comes out and stares him down. Taker looks at the Wrestlemania sign as does Bryan. Then Taker does the cutthroat and Bryan yesses. Keep in mind, there is no talking outside of YES and this all goes about twenty minutes.

• Like 2

Bryan failing yet again (like he undoubtedly would if he went after The Streak) isn't going to solve any of the problems they currently have.

He needs to triumph in some significant capacity, not have a moral victory by putting up a decent fight in a losing effort. The crowd that's strongly pushing back right now isn't going to be appeased otherwise.

Lots of old school guys seem pissed that they are not acting on the momentum Bryan has. What if Taker is one of those guys, knows that this Mania will be his last match, and he hand picks Bryan to be the guy to beat the Streak?  There are a lot of people who say the Streak should never end, myself included. And I don't know that I personally would pick Bryan for that honor. But, if Taker did say that, do you think Vince and HHH would allow that to happen?

Bill was saying the same thing about Kofi last night on Twitter.

Only way to save this: Bryan comes to the ring. Yes chants. Grand mic. About to speak. *GONG*

That would be cool, but I have no faith after last years initial build to the Taker's match.

I've got it:

Taker. Vs. Sting. Vs. Daniel Bryan. Triple threat.

I feel like unless they know a match is going to be his last, they will not let him lose and in turn lose a attraction for next year's show. Plus, who would want to break it at this point, people will not be happy. Cena is probably the only one if they would have him lose to at Wrestlemania.

I feel like unless they know a match is going to be his last, they will not let him lose and in turn lose a attraction for next year's show. Plus, who would want to break it at this point, people will not be happy. Cena is probably the only one if they would have him lose to at Wrestlemania.

I'm with you on the first sentence, but given where we are right now, I really doubt the fans would turn on Bryan if he ended the streak this year.

I don't think ending the streak would make Undertaker any less of an attraction and I've never bought into the theory that the end of the streak has to be the end of his career.

Granted, the streak has been hyped up heavily the last few years, but he's an attraction because he's The fucking UNDERTAKER. A living legend. And you only get to see him in the ring once a year. The Streak is an added bonus, but if he lost this year I don't think fans would be clamoring any less to see him at WM31. Plus it makes for a pretty interesting story -- does the end of the streak mean the end of the Undertaker? Is the Dead Man finally done? Or can he bounce back and have one last Wrestlemania moment?

Yes but The Streak itself is easy to promote. The Undertaker is a living legend but coupled with The Streak and the right opponent, it is a big deal. Plus, WWE Creative is a joke. I doubt they could write a decent is Taker gone? story or lend any intrigue of their own to his final match.

So which one of you is this

?

I'm on my phone so I don't quite know if this has been noted, but this same dude cut an almost identical promo one year ago when Rock beat CM Punk for the belt. Almost the exact same rage and everything; different residence though (I think). I was so taken by the video last year, I knew who this was before I even clicked the link.

I want to say that last year's vid was posted with the same "alright, which one of you is this guy?" intro.

I checked to make sure. It's not the same guy. But the videos are pretty similar.

Reminds me of this guy.

jabbamiz.jpg