DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

All I can add is that I was at the show and I'm glad the crowd came through on the broadcast. I figured WWE would have some way of fucking with the crowd noise.

Never been to a show where the fans were that upset the entire night.

Ironically, the last time i might * have been disgusted with the end of a royal rumble ppv was when mick took allt hose chairshots from the rock. Mick might not remember that one.

* that match prob didnt end the ppv, but dramatic license.

Yeah, what the fuck was up with Show leaving under his own power after being demolished with chair shots by Lesnar?  I know that you want Show to be a tough guy and that spot really was ridiculous overkill, but how the in the world do you have Show limp away from that and not have Lesnar look like a poof? 

Show needed to be carried out on a gurney and tonight's RAW would need an interview spot with the company doctor about Show's condition.  Yeah, the attack was a shit decision, but Holy Shit, sell the aftermath of the fucking spot you just booked even if you know you went beserk with it..

Again - may have been covered already

After the Royal Rumble went off the air, Batista actually got in the face of a fan and flipped him the bird, which some in the company backstage were not happy about. (Per Mike Johnson at Pro Wrestling Illustrated) 

Again - may have been covered already

After the Royal Rumble went off the air, Batista actually got in the face of a fan and flipped him the bird, which some in the company backstage were not happy about. (Per Mike Johnson at Pro Wrestling Illustrated) 

I'll repost the picture for those who missed it:

vIa1PlL.jpg

Sticking with the Haiku gimmick/

The Royal Rumble

Bastista in, Bryan out

All the fans say No!

Orton and Cena

A million times they fight

No one gives a shit

Roman Reigns is boss

I guess the Sheild will break up

Hello Kevin Nash

Many rising stars

When we say Us you say O

Debut of Russian

Batista was gassed

He won the Rumble again

He gave the finger.

• Like 4

Dude should be glad that Dave's last name isn't World Peace.

Like Dave could do shit with how gassed he is. Looks like he's leaning on the barricade cause he still can't stand up.

I'm not sure I want to be the 145 pound jabronie in the first row testing Dave's roid rage or muscle burn as he snatched my narrow ass over the top of the security barrier for being smarky.

Poor smarks being worked.

When will you ever learn, guys?

You are being trolled.

Bryan is loved, but

good does not win 'til summer.

Southern Booking is king.

• Like 1

Best part of tonight was Tortio and the guy that held the WWE title for 400+ days selling for him. Take that Rip Rogers. The Brock thing was cool until the beatdown lasted forever. Kofi also proved why he's still employed with his performance tonight. Can't wait till he finally fails at one of those jumps.

Which brings me to something that I was thinking about earlier..

Say a... um... overzealous?... fan shoves Kofi off the guardrail there. What does the WWE do? Refs are trained to officiate matches like "shoots". Does the WWE continue that trend and acknowledge that a fan eliminated Kofi? Do they just let him walk back in to the ring casually? Repeat the spot?  Such deep thoughts...

I feel like I heard them say something when Kane eliminated Punk that it counted since Kane was an actual participant.  I'm not sure I've ever heard that rule before.

Please tell me this isn't the main poster they went with for Elim Chamber and is only a secondary one.

WWE_Elimination_Chamber_poster_%282014%2

Squint and she looks like Stevie Richards.

I don't know what would be more fun. Batista just going heel on Monday, or just twisting the knife and being the world's least sincere babyface for awhile. 

Batista as Bo Dallas?  BOtista?.

Tommy Dreamer stole my "Wouldn't it have been great if Bryan was under the Rey mask" joke. 

Bryan as Rowan in a sheep mask would also have been an opportunity.

Please tell me this isn't the main poster they went with for Elim Chamber and is only a secondary one.

And if you squint at Stevie Richards, he looks like Shawn Michaels...I think we've gotten to the bottom of the marriage now.

• Like 1

I was excited to see Rusev debut last night. Outside of Sami Zayn, he was the guy on my list from NXT as next to be called up. However, I was watching the show with several people and couldn't hear much of commentary. What did they say about him when he came out? Was it just the typical "It's Alexander Rusev from NXT!" Did they say anything on why was he in the Rumble?

And if you squint at Stevie Richards, he looks like Shawn Michaels...I think we've gotten to the bottom of the marriage now.

And if you squint at Stevie Richards, after he was squinted to look like Shawn Michaels, he would look like "Diamond" Dave.

It will be epic if it finally comes out that Bryan is actually the one putting the Brody on his own push and he turns out to be a co-conspirator rather than the one suffering under the lash..

It is weird that lesnar doesn't seem to get blown up that badly but man does he sweat alot.  I mean buckets of sweat in about 6 minutes of activity.   

I would imagine that someone is smart enough to book Brock in matches that won't wear him out  He probablty still has lingering effects from his diverticulitis and needs a deliberate pace in his spots.

Can't really add too much that hasn't been said already, but one thing I find interesting is the reaction from those within the business. There are several different guys I follow on Facebook/Twitter who are currently or at one point have been bookers on the indy circuit... and almost every single one of them has come out saying WWE is dropping the ball. And these aren't the typical guys who bash WWE, in fact it's rare to hear any of them discuss WWE. I just don't recall such an overwhelming negative reaction to a PPV in forever.

Let's face it guys, Batista points to the WrestleMania sign way more believably than Daniel Bryan could.  Bryan is way too short to point at the sign effectively.

God, wrestling needs to go back to a time when you could actually keep pointfabe.

• Like 2