DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

It's almost just as well for all parties. Punk gets to go home, lay out for a year and be missed. WWE gets to stop booking Punk in a holding pattern because there's nowhere for him to go up or down and the kids they want to move up get a chance to move up. Win-win. 

He'll be back. People have left in worse ways. 

RAW_03012010MM_0652.jpg

This man is someone's grandfather.

Phhh. When my granddad came out of the bedroom wearing a leather vest and no shirt, memaw just said it was because of his "Agent Orange" and made us go into the parlor until she helped him shuffle back into the bedroom.

• Like 3

You know for all the talk about how booking is burying Daniel Bryan, Orton is really the victim of some shitty shit writing here.  I mean they haven't made the guy do or say anything interesting in months, they are just having him do his 'greatest hits'.  How someone can be the World Champion and be such an afterthought to the program is dumb.  He could really benefit from some time off or something, anything new to do.

The writing has been piss poor for pretty much everyone all year.  Cena, Punk, Orton, Bryan etc etc....  The quality of the talent has covered it up, but no matter how good the wrestling is, watching The Shield vs 3 babyfaces over and over again with no direction just doesn't fucking cut it.

I can't complain about the Shield vs any three babyfaces unless it's Khali, Hornswaggle and Ryder. Actually, that might be pretty fun.

You know for all the talk about how booking is burying Daniel Bryan, Orton is really the victim of some shitty shit writing here.  I mean they haven't made the guy do or say anything interesting in months, they are just having him do his 'greatest hits'.  How someone can be the World Champion and be such an afterthought to the program is dumb.  He could really benefit from some time off or something, anything new to do.

The writing has been piss poor for pretty much everyone all year.  Cena, Punk, Orton, Bryan etc etc....  The quality of the talent has covered it up, but no matter how good the wrestling is, watching The Shield vs 3 babyfaces over and over again with no direction just doesn't fucking cut it.

I can't complain about the Shield vs any three babyfaces unless it's Khali, Hornswaggle and Ryder. Actually, that might be pretty fun.

You'd have to figure Ryder'd be who they'd be getting most of their heat off of, and he's a perfectly good decent bumper, though his selling is meh.

It's almost just as well for all parties. Punk gets to go home, lay out for a year and be missed. WWE gets to stop booking Punk in a holding pattern because there's nowhere for him to go up or down and the kids they want to move up get a chance to move up. Win-win. 

He'll be back. People have left in worse ways.

Like Punk or any other top guy is stopping them from pushing other guys. Cesaro was high on their radar 6 months ago and his is lower mid-card now, Ryback was next in line a year ago and he's jobbing, Look at Ziggler he was over as hell now I really dont care either way about him, I can go on and on Everybodies talking about a new spot is open but to me it doesnt matter. The same people say that Batista took Punks spot. Really? Roman is looking pretty strong booking wise right now regardless. My point is WWE can do the same for other guys too. If Hogan never wrestles another match in WWE y'all say he is stealing someones spot.

KENTA of Noah to challenge the world of professional wrestling organization up to the U.S. WWE was found for (32), the 29th, Tagami President Akira (52) revealed the idea to be tolerated in Tokyo.

It is intends to to be "heard from a long time ago (the dream)", to respect the will "and decided firmly, it is (form) harmonious (over there) and If you go" he said. Was set to "private" Noah public relations but, KENTA is staying in Orlando, Florida there is a training center of the WWE. Expected to be joined by this summer and going too well.

http://www.daily.co.jp/ring/2014/01/30/0006672086.shtml

KENTA of Noah to challenge the world of professional wrestling organization up to the U.S. WWE was found for (32), the 29th, Tagami President Akira (52) revealed the idea to be tolerated in Tokyo.

It is intends to to be "heard from a long time ago (the dream)", to respect the will "and decided firmly, it is (form) harmonious (over there) and If you go" he said. Was set to "private" Noah public relations but, KENTA is staying in Orlando, Florida there is a training center of the WWE. Expected to be joined by this summer and going too well.

http://www.daily.co.jp/ring/2014/01/30/0006672086.shtml

I hate when people copy the WON word for word.

• Like 23

Breaking news: Hunico will now be playing the role of CM Punk.

Also done like 10 pages ago with image.

Casey Kulas of ESPN Cleveland says Punk was in an argument with officials about a concussion.

I know Ziggler is limited in what he's good at and is probably done, but would a tag team of Ryback and Ziggler as two douchebag jocks who make crude or mean jokes that only they laugh at be fun only to me? Plus I like big man/little man tag teams. Ziggler can do all the bumping, and Ryback can do all the piefacing other people and throwing them into things.

Then, when it's time, spin Ryback off and give him another shot at making something of himself. He's got some personality and has the physique they like, so might as well try. Plus, if they hold off on breaking up the Rhodes Boys, wrestling Goldust every night for a few months will probably make Ryback pretty dang good as a wrestler. 

• Like 1

I know Ziggler is limited in what he's good at and is probably done, but would a tag team of Ryback and Ziggler as two douchebag jocks who make crude or mean jokes that only they laugh at be fun only to me? Plus I like big man/little man tag teams. Ziggler can do all the bumping, and Ryback can do all the piefacing other people and throwing them into things.

Then, when it's time, spin Ryback off and give him another shot at making something of himself. He's got some personality and has the physique they like, so might as well try. Plus, if they hold off on breaking up the Rhodes Boys, wrestling Goldust every night for a few months will probably make Ryback pretty dang good as a wrestler. 

bully-scut-farkus_510.jpg

• Like 4

I've always thought Swagger and Miz should do that. Hell, have all four of them. Not like they're doing anything. Have Uncle Zeb be their Coach from Revenge of the Nerds...

Here's an interesting chart on TV ratings movers and shakers for 2013. It covers all of 2013 through October 17.

BfBdHnHCUAA3icb.png

If I am looking at the information correctly, it appears that the left column is for January of 2013 and the right column is for November of 2013. If so, why is the Wyatt family listed in the left column when they didn't debut until May?

• Like 1

Here's an interesting chart on TV ratings movers and shakers for 2013. It covers all of 2013 through October 17.

BfBdHnHCUAA3icb.png

If I am looking at the information correctly, it appears that the left column is for January of 2013 and the right column is for November of 2013. If so, why is the Wyatt family listed in the left column when they didn't debut until May?

Both columns are for January through November. Left includes overrun, right excludes it.