DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

I know Ziggler is limited in what he's good at and is probably done, but would a tag team of Ryback and Ziggler as two douchebag jocks who make crude or mean jokes that only they laugh at be fun only to me? Plus I like big man/little man tag teams. Ziggler can do all the bumping, and Ryback can do all the piefacing other people and throwing them into things.

Then, when it's time, spin Ryback off and give him another shot at making something of himself. He's got some personality and has the physique they like, so might as well try. Plus, if they hold off on breaking up the Rhodes Boys, wrestling Goldust every night for a few months will probably make Ryback pretty dang good as a wrestler. 

• Like 1

I know Ziggler is limited in what he's good at and is probably done, but would a tag team of Ryback and Ziggler as two douchebag jocks who make crude or mean jokes that only they laugh at be fun only to me? Plus I like big man/little man tag teams. Ziggler can do all the bumping, and Ryback can do all the piefacing other people and throwing them into things.

Then, when it's time, spin Ryback off and give him another shot at making something of himself. He's got some personality and has the physique they like, so might as well try. Plus, if they hold off on breaking up the Rhodes Boys, wrestling Goldust every night for a few months will probably make Ryback pretty dang good as a wrestler. 

bully-scut-farkus_510.jpg

• Like 4

I've always thought Swagger and Miz should do that. Hell, have all four of them. Not like they're doing anything. Have Uncle Zeb be their Coach from Revenge of the Nerds...

Here's an interesting chart on TV ratings movers and shakers for 2013. It covers all of 2013 through October 17.

BfBdHnHCUAA3icb.png

If I am looking at the information correctly, it appears that the left column is for January of 2013 and the right column is for November of 2013. If so, why is the Wyatt family listed in the left column when they didn't debut until May?

• Like 1

Here's an interesting chart on TV ratings movers and shakers for 2013. It covers all of 2013 through October 17.

BfBdHnHCUAA3icb.png

If I am looking at the information correctly, it appears that the left column is for January of 2013 and the right column is for November of 2013. If so, why is the Wyatt family listed in the left column when they didn't debut until May?

Both columns are for January through November. Left includes overrun, right excludes it.

BfBdHnHCUAA3icb.png

One column includes overruns the other doesn't.  The chart covers Jan through November.  Or what the guy two up from me said lol.

RAW_03012010MM_0652.jpg

This man is someone's grandfather.

Phhh. When my granddad came out of the bedroom wearing a leather vest and no shirt, memaw just said it was because of his "Agent Orange" and made us go into the parlor until she helped him shuffle back into the bedroom.

When Grandpa Batista tells those annoying neighborhood kids to stop playing on his lawn, they get the fuck off of his lawn.

• Like 1

*BAUWWWTEESTA IMG*

This man is someone's grandfather.

Phhh. When my granddad came out of the bedroom wearing a leather vest and no shirt, memaw just said it was because of his "Agent Orange" and made us go into the parlor until she helped him shuffle back into the bedroom.

When Grandpa Batista tells those annoying neighborhood kids to stop playing on his lawn, they get the fuck off of his lawn.

Except he'd blow up walking down the porch steps.

• Like 4

During that marathon Punk ran, he also used all the toilet paper in the port-a-potty and on the way out told the lady going in that there was toilet paper in there when she inquired.  He's such a bad ass.  I can see why some people would think he's tough.

And Randy Orton's a giant dude with incredible leaping ability and ridiculously great timing and he hasn't even entered his physical prime yet.

If there was a pro wrestling draft tomorrow and I had the first pick, I'd select Randy Orton.

Also, I brought up the word "athleticism," in the first place, for which I am deeply sorry. I didn't express myself well enough, I suppose. Anyway, it is a dumb talking point and I'm an idiot. 

I should know better anyway; I have been watching quite a bit of AWA Rose and Somers lately and they are awesome without being necessarily athletic. I should know better than that, and I will try to be a better commenter in the future. 

During that marathon Punk ran, he also used all the toilet paper in the port-a-potty and on the way out told the lady going in that there was toilet paper in there when she inquired. He's such a bad ass. I can see why some people would think he's tough.

And Randy Orton's a giant dude with incredible leaping ability and ridiculously great timing and he hasn't even entered his physical prime yet.

If there was a pro wrestling draft tomorrow and I had the first pick, I'd select Randy Orton.

...said the San Diego Chargers in 1998.

• Like 2

That chart means nothing. Curtis Axel is a gainer on it. No way people go, "hey, Curtis Axel is up next!". No way anyone ever has said that.

I don't block anyone on here, I want to take in the full madness.

Could be because a good portion of his segments included Paul Heyman, who is apparently one of their biggest gainers. Maybe the segments with Heyman outweigh the non-Heyman Curtis Axel segments that cause people to tune out in droves.

During that marathon Punk ran, he also used all the toilet paper in the port-a-potty and on the way out told the lady going in that there was toilet paper in there when she inquired.  He's such a bad ass.  I can see why some people would think he's tough.

Randy Orton is 33. Your prime is 28-32, then you decline.

At least that's what some dude in the AOL WWF chat used to always say.

• Like 1

That chart means nothing. Curtis Axel is a gainer on it. No way people go, "hey, Curtis Axel is up next!". No way anyone ever has said that.

I don't block anyone on here, I want to take in the full madness.

Could be because a good portion of his segments included Paul Heyman, who is apparently one of their biggest gainers. Maybe the segments with Heyman outweigh the non-Heyman Curtis Axel segments that cause people to tune out in droves.

He also had a few segments with Triple H that probably boosted his average as well.

Raw better have Michael Cole come out at some point and tell the crowd that CM Punk will be here again next week LIVE ON RAW.

Following week Cole introduces "CM Punk" and its just Corey Graves in Punks gear.

Worked for fake Diesel and Razor right?

This actually could be done well if Heyman did it.

The conversation about guys getting burnt out got me to thinking - who from ECW's heyday is still alive and working regularly?

The Dudleys are still going strong and RVD and Rhyno are still semi-active.  Sabu does stuff on the indies and so does Raven but I think he's doing more with his standup and non-working stuff these days.  There are the guys on whatever they're calling Douglas' ECW revival thing but I don't know how many of them are full timers or not.  Do any of the b-level guys (Doring, Chetti, Nova, etc) still wrestle aside from the occasional northeast indy appearances?