DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

So the NBC venture was just a vacation, basically.

If nothing else, pair her back up with Cowherd on some show.  For whatever reason, Beadle brought out enough in Cowherd to make him tolerable.

I'll look forward to hearing LeBatard's show.  The daily clips ESPN plays are good.  I listen to LeBatard's Miami-based show at times, but tend to stick with the national stuff.

Funny note: the Beadle powder keg was ignited by a podcast she did with a coworker last week where she took shots at NBC like it was going out of style. Apparently, someone from NBC heard about this (which isn't a shock), leaked the news of her show being canceled to a reporter, and then had a meeting with her to tell her the show was done.

Funny note: the Beadle powder keg was ignited by a podcast she did with a coworker last week where she took shots at NBC like it was going out of style. Apparently, someone from NBC heard about this (which isn't a shock), leaked the news of her show being canceled to a reporter, and then had a meeting with her to tell her the show was done.

The Ken Fang one or anotherone?

I can see why Beadle wants to go back to the 4 letter network since the two people that she dislikes the most (Erin Andrews and Charissa Thompson) are now on Fox Sports 1.   Although I don't know where you put her since it seems like they are set with the 2 guys approach to her old show.

Is there something about blonde former ESPN employees that they are required to hate each other?

No but it's pretty well know that Beadle and Andrews didn't get along. Beadle was one of the only people to flat out admit she watched the peep hole video and question Erin's motives in how she handled the aftermath (IE: Going on Oprah and Dancing with the Stars).

Am I only half awake or did I just hear that Larry fucking King is hosting Olbermann for a week?

"So this Cyrus Milo...I hear he's got some kind of tongue thing. Idunno is this that Lady Gaga or what?...Ladies and Gentlmen, Billy Crystal will be my guest for the next hour and four days. Billy...tell me about being a kid and loving Joe Dimaggio and how about that Marylin Manson...is this something or what?  You can't tell the boys from the girls anymore...Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest for the next six hours is Mr. Rich Little.  Richie...can you do a Billy Crystal impression? Let me talk for a minute about these video games.  I dunnno they say they're violent..do we need to worry about this?  Ladies and Genlemen my guest is Ed McMahon...what?  Oh...Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest is Jack Webb...no?...Ladies and Gentlemen, here is a cassette tape I made of Mandy Patinkin ordering a danish.  And what about this Saddam? Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight we will be discussing Elian Gonzalez...keep him or not?  I say Chandra Levy probably did it...also shark attacks, are they a thing?  Ladies and Gentlemen, our guest tonight is Tito Jackson.  Tito, how is your brother doing?  Reunion?"

• Like 3

I can see why Beadle wants to go back to the 4 letter network since the two people that she dislikes the most (Erin Andrews and Charissa Thompson) are now on Fox Sports 1.   Although I don't know where you put her since it seems like they are set with the 2 guys approach to her old show.

IF they let back, they ought to have her working sidelines for a couple of yrs to humble her before letting her have her own show again.

IF they let back, they ought to have her working sidelines for a couple of yrs to humble her before letting her have her own show again.

I think they'll let her come back, if ESPN has shown anything over the last year or so it is that they don't hold grudges.  Between Olberman and Whitlock, they had every reason to never hire them again, but if they think someone can help them, they'll bring them back.  Beadle was extremely popular on ESPN and if they see her being an asset she'll be back very soon.

They stopped showing Olbermann on TSN2. I guess no one watched it.

He's on hiatus for the next two weeks as well as last week and guest hosts are manning the desk, starting with Larry King last week. Maybe no one in America's Hat knows who King is.

• Like 2