DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

There are plenty of Native Americans around here, I guarantee the majority of them would not be okay with the name of the team. Shocking, I know.

Basically the main four arguments for the name have been:

1.  There are more important issues with Native Americans to care about some sports name

2.  Usual overblown political correctness

3.  It isn't a widely known slur like the N word and only reflect a small number of people

4.  Every time I use the word "Redskin" it meant the football team. 

I've always accused him of mailing it in, but mailing in context and meaning is a new low.

After the way he falsely trashed Barry Bonds during the 2002 World Series, I've been hoping for Reilly to be unemployed.

While I stand by the reporting in my Sept. 18 column about the Washington Redskins nickname controversy, and felt I accurately quoted my father-in-law in the piece, clearly he feels differently. This is an incredibly sensitive issue, and Bob felt he had more to say on the subject after that column was posted on ESPN.com. We've spoken and cleared this up. I admire Bob and respect his opinions, and he's welcome to express them. Bob and I are good and I'm looking forward to my next steak with him.

There you go. It's pius, needlessly arrogant, half-assed and fucking clueless. Everything you'd ever want in a Rick Reilly "apology".

Also, Rick, are you SURE you and Bob are good? Because you certainly didn't get what he said the last time.

• Like 1

If folks haven't seen some of the proposed fan designed Washington (insert team name) things - check them out.

It still baffles me that except for sheer stubbornness that the team doesn't change it.

Some of them are amazing (most of them using the "Warriors" name) and it is a license to print money

If folks haven't seen some of the proposed fan designed Washington (insert team name) things - check them out.It still baffles me that except for sheer stubbornness that the team doesn't change it.Some of them are amazing (most of them using the "Warriors" name) and it is a license to print money

It is and the minute the NFL gives Washington the same deal or similar deal the Cowboys have for licensing rights the name will change.

If folks haven't seen some of the proposed fan designed Washington (insert team name) things - check them out.It still baffles me that except for sheer stubbornness that the team doesn't change it.Some of them are amazing (most of them using the "Warriors" name) and it is a license to print money

It is and the minute the NFL gives Washington the same deal or similar deal the Cowboys have for licensing rights the name will change.

That or they threaten them with another salary cap penalty.  The league could stop this right now if they really wanted too, but like most racial issues most people don't care as long as it's not about them.  The name is clearly out of the realm of decency, but because there aren't enough native american's to make enough noise complaining people think it's okay.  There is no reason to name a sports team a racial epithet and I don't understand why we have tolerated this shit this long.

That or they threaten them with another salary cap penalty.  The league could stop this right now if they really wanted too, but like most racial issues most people don't care as long as it's not about them.  The name is clearly out of the realm of decency, but because there aren't enough native american's to make enough noise complaining people think it's okay.  There is no reason to name a sports team a racial epithet and I don't understand why we have tolerated this shit this long.

Because most people don't know the story behind the teams name and until I saw the story Keith Olberman did on his show about the history of the teams name I was actually on the 'change it/dont change it I dont care my teams the freaking Chiefs what room do I have to say anything' side...now I'm on the change it side but also a realists and know that for it to change the NFL has to give Snyder something and the only thing they can is a new marketing deal.

SportsCenter on as the Texas A&M game ends and they lead with the college football upsets. I probably would have started with the near no-hitter and spent the first segment (10 minutes or so) on the pair of 1-0 LCS games today.

And that's where I turn over to Fox Sports One to see that they lead off with the baseball.

ESPN won't lead with the sports they don't have the contracts for. They are whores with no integrity.

But they are rights partners with mlb and doing games playoff games on radio.But on a saturday night, id expect rundown to be:CFBNFL of some sortMLBNBA preseasonAnd 48 minutes in, show Luongo's OG for the only hockey highlight