DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

For the record, Alvarez is saying people in WWE are under the impression Hogan is re-signing with TNA,

He would be an idiot not to. They pay him all kinds of money most of the time just to show up and stand around in the back and yell at people.

I also saw I think in the same news bit that the WWE has almost no interest in signing AJ Styles.

Dave speculated last week that if Panda were thinking of selling the company the biggest tell would be them re-signing Hogan because he's really the only TNA selling point for most money marks.

And I'd wager to guess that those money marks won't have a 1/10th of the patience that Panda Energy has had.

$60,000 a year sounds like a decent amount until you factor in travel and road expenses, as well as having health insurance (which can cost a ton for wrestlers).

Also, TNA can be difficult with outside dates. They over-charge and take some of the cash. And last year they banned wrestlers from appearing on an outside show that would appear on DVD (which put a lot of indy promoters off of bringing in TNA people).

It's not really a surprise she figures she'll be better off on her own.

I feel sad for any money mark willing to pay Mickie James $1600-$1800 for a show.

Tommy Dreamer can get $1500 for an autograph session, per Meltzer, so her demands aren't THAT outrageous, especially since she's only just gotten off national TV and is pretty popular with fans. In a few years she may have to ask for less but not now. 

She may want to do shoot interviews too, which can often bring in a fair amount too.