DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

Dear TNA: Shitcan Hulk and open up your pocketbook to bring back Cody Deaner~!

So glad Im not the only one.

He's part of a list of TNA undercard people / random gimmicks that for good or bad, I geniunely was entertained by.

Cody Deaner & ODB

Shark Boy

Lacey Von Erich / TBP

Eric Young

Curryman

All good stuff.

I know I'm in the minority here, but Above Average Mike Sanders was pretty good. I don't remember the whole S-E-X faction warfare that well, but I think they had a bunch of good stuff in amongst the Russo.

I think a potential problem with Mickie, aside from her age, is the whole Cena thing.

Cena thing?

She had an affair with Cena in 2008/2009. She wanted it to get serious, but he broke it off. She promptly proceeded to go into stalker mode and made his life rather difficult on Raw. She apparently got drafted to SmackDown soon after pretty much because Cena wanted her away from him.

The stories have been flying around for years, but Kenny Doane famously talked about it after news of Cena's divorce hit. He blames it for ruining his career. Basically. he found out what was going on, complained to management, they said they'd handle it and then he vanished off of TV soon after.

IMO, he was a fool for thinking management would take his side over Cena's.

Why does Kenny blame it for ruining his career and why would he complain to management about something not involving him (unless I'm missing something)?

Kenny was engaged to Mickie and blames it ending on the Cena affair

In all seriousness,I REALLY hope Bob Ryder and Jeremy Borash are shit canned soon.

In "real life" Borash is supposed to be a decent guy, but Jesus Christ he came off as such a tool on the old Xplosion recap show which I was required to watch every week when I "worked the truck" for SUN Sports/FOX Sports Florida.

I just want him gone completely from pro wrestling. Let him go host ISKA kickboxing shows or something.

Ryder, obviously needs to be fired because of all the pop-ups and spyware, hypocritically going after WWE during the Corporate Ministry "cross/symbol" 'controversy," and blindly defending WCW when it was revealed that buying Benoit/Guerrero merchandise would show up as Hogan/nWo merchandise in the sales tracking computers.

Too bad Dave "Last Call" Scherer doesn't work for TNA too so I could see him get fired as well.

Bully Ray and Devon are a good argument for one-off reunion shows. Devon inflated like a balloon to "prove a point" when WWE ran them out last time. I've always liked him and he has kids and stuff so yeah.

Haven't been following TNA, why is Nash $lamming them on twitter right now (is the answer in the question) ? 

Bully Ray and Devon are a good argument for one-off reunion shows. Devon inflated like a balloon to "prove a point" when WWE ran them out last time. I've always liked him and he has kids and stuff so yeah.

Haven't been following TNA, why is Nash $lamming them on twitter right now (is the answer in the question) ? 

No mean the Nash who made a comment on twitter about how he prefers Indys to TNA because there isnt any politics

I know I'm in the minority here, but Above Average Mike Sanders was pretty good. I don't remember the whole S-E-X faction warfare that well, but I think they had a bunch of good stuff in amongst the Russo.

People that weren't watching WCW toward the very end sleep on the good stuff that was going on at the time... and one of the best things was Sanders.  He had enough heat that if they had put the big gold on him, it wouldn't have been a bad move. 

• Like 2

wait.  Kevin Nash DOESNT like poltics?   I don't know what to say to that. 

Nash is a big Lib which is really amusing. But then again considering how he's made his career, it makes perfect sense. Kevin Nash is the Frank Underwood of Pro Wrestling.

I second a return of Cody Deener. There is a money feud between him and Eric Young over Deener wanting his woman back.

I can't be the only one who'd mark if Kennedy showed up on Raw, even though I found him unwatchable for the majority of his TNA run.

Kennedy really gets short shrift around here. Yeah, there were times at TNA when he was sleepwalking through matches, but his series with Angle, the start of the Asshole gimmick and feud with Jeff Hardy, even some of his work with A&8s was pretty good. I hope everyone involved (Anderson/Kennedy included) has matured and he gets picked up by the WWE again - he'd be a nice counter to some of the blandness on the roster.

I could see Bully Ray working quite well right now given that THEY'RE ANTI-BULLYING AND HE'S A HEEL. But they've basically got Ryback doing that aspect of things now. Devon as a WWE trainer would be a good idea, but I don't see him signing a WWE contract without Bully.

Bubba has said before that he wouldn't go back to WWE unless he could do the Bully Ray character, and he doesn't think that'll happen since WWE is "PG".

Only saying "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" is pretty PG. That's about all that Bully's character is about.

I hope everyone involved (Anderson/Kennedy included) has matured and he gets picked up by the WWE again - he'd be a nice counter to some of the blandness on the roster.

Just curious, but what is your definition of blandness?  Because Kennedy pretty much fits all my parameters. 

Well, to start with, I'd say his mic skills and ability to engage the audience put him ahead of Kofi, Axel, Justin Gabriel, Zach Ryder, Jack Swagger, Tons of Funk, Camacho, Curt Hawkins, Epico, Primo, Hunico, JTG,Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd, and the Miz.

I hope everyone involved (Anderson/Kennedy included) has matured and he gets picked up by the WWE again - he'd be a nice counter to some of the blandness on the roster.

Just curious, but what is your definition of blandness?  Because Kennedy pretty much fits all my parameters. 

Well, to start with, I'd say his mic skills and ability to engage the audience put him ahead of Kofi, Axel, Justin Gabriel, Zach Ryder, Jack Swagger, Tons of Funk, Camacho, Curt Hawkins, Epico, Primo, Hunico, JTG,Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd, and the Miz.

OK, you have a different definition of "bland" than I do. 

I would put Kofi, Ryder, Tons of Funk, Primo, Hunico, Sin Cara and the Miz all being less bland than Kennedy and I really don't like the Miz. Kennedy is just so blah and has been for years. WWE doesn't need him back, dude stinks of failure and they have more than enough people better than him that he'd be just another dude taking up space, kinda like RVD is right now but with less "remember when he was awesome" reflections because one can only ponder on the Royal Rumble match with Batista so much.

wait.  Kevin Nash DOESNT like poltics?   I don't know what to say to that. 

Nash is a big Lib which is really amusing. But then again considering how he's made his career, it makes perfect sense. Kevin Nash is the Frank Underwood of Pro Wrestling.

I second a return of Cody Deener. There is a money feud between him and Eric Young over Deener wanting his woman back.

Have Jethro Holiday come back as his muscle and u have a tag feud of Deaner and Holiday vs Young and Parks