DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

Really the worse part of all of what's been going on with TNA and the releases is that the some of the talents who were in the company for a long time are now too old to really get a look by WWE.

They attached themselves to the wrong ship, never made WWE money and will now need to figure out another way to make a living.

• Like 1

Two things made me smile:

The idea of a Daniels/Kaz/Sabin team in King of Trios 2014.

Bad Influence vs. Gargano/ Taylor in either PWG (ASW?) or DGUSA.

I read somewhere that Dixie was mad at John Gaburick and blames him for AJ leaving. Basically, he told her that Styles had no other options in wrestling and would have to take whatever they gave him. And even if he did leave, he'd come crawling back soon after.

Of course, neither Dixie or Gaburick knew enough about the international situation to know that Styles did have other opportunities to make a good living elsewhere and was perfectly capable of getting by without TNA after all.

I read somewhere that TNA now has 33 wrestlers under contract.

Do they really need a large roster with just one-two hour show a week not counting the one match only Xplosion?

Large, no.  But really, 33?

Do they really need a large roster with just one-two hour show a week not counting the one match only Xplosion?

It's not 33. It's more like 40.

It's not 33. It's more like 40.

33 does seem low if you look at the roster page. Taryn may not be signed, Kazarian has now gone and Sanada isn't signed with TNA but I still make more than 35 (counting Menagerie as 4).

Gaburick lasted a while in WWE, didn't he? Which suggests he was at least somewhat competent.

I honestly think people go to TNA and become like 50% dumber.

I think Gaburick was a TV producer in WWE.  Here he is head of creative/talent relations.  

If you have "WWE for so and so years" on your resume TNA's skirt drops immediately.  I'm stunned and amazed at how they've hired and promoted people like "Big John" and Bruce Pritchard into very high positions in the company when best I can tell their best qualities were kissing Vince's ass and being office stooges

On the same note, I'm still amazed at how Terry Taylor has kept steadily employed in front office jobs over the last 20 years or so bouncing from company to company.  WWF.....WCW.....WWE....TNA....back to WWE........it's incredible.  Not that I have anything against the guy, I just don't get it