DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

It's going to be such a downward spiral from a promotion I loved to one of the shittiest PPVs of all time. I don't think I'll make it all the way through.

The music replacements will also bug the shit of me. I don't know if you guys have heard the fake New Jack song they use but it is so horrible

They will be taking content down from time to time but I don't know if that means PPVs. I'd be a little surprised if they took any of the shows down for the first six months. I would guess there would be some pissed off people.

Has this been said by anyone other than da Meltz?

There's actually a function for that on the xbl Netflix but we haven't received word that will be an option with the WWE app which doesn't even really work on Xbox as advertised right now anyway.

Like you're supposed to see all the shit the app has not just be able to watch a ppv you have ordered.

Yeah, if they are delivering 720p on all of these then that's a huge upgrade. Also, while you can find a lot of these shows on YouTube, most are taken down by the time you get to watch it or are in very low quality or take a while to load, etc..   This is a much cleaner way of going about it with far less hassle and much better picture quality. To me it's a no-brainer but if you are someone who already owns a lot of the shows I can see why it'd be a little less awesome.

One thing more..  I am thrilled to have every live PPV for less than ten bucks a month but there are also things like the NXT live PPV that have me hyped. If they continue to do little things like that... I mean there's so much potential here.

That's why I'm excited.

I am in this boat. I usually buy at least one PPV a year (usually Mania) so just to have it for 6 months would be worth it. I have most of that old footage in VG-EX VQ so I am actually looking forward to the new content and seeing how the actual live feed plays out. 

that free week of WWE Network has to be free in the sense that free credit reports are free... ya know, where they have your credit card info and they charge you if you don't cancel after the trial period?

it can't be that easy where there'll be some degenerates who'll get 6 days of free WWE network and then just burn everything and upload it to YouTube, right?

It's going to be such a downward spiral from a promotion I loved to one of the shittiest PPVs of all time. I don't think I'll make it all the way through.

The music replacements will also bug the shit of me. I don't know if you guys have heard the fake New Jack song they use but it is so horrible

I have a feeling that ECW is not going to hold up well at all.  I'd love to be mistaken, but I fear that ECW was one of those perfect for the time type things that just don't feel the same outside of the moment. 

I have a feeling that ECW is not going to hold up well at all.  I'd love to be mistaken, but I fear that ECW was one of those perfect for the time type things that just don't feel the same outside of the moment. 

I've watched a bunch of it and the good stuff is still good. Heyman's ability to mask his roster's deficiencies (of which there many) and promote their strengths was incredible.

I am in this boat. I usually buy at least one PPV a year (usually Mania) so just to have it for 6 months would be worth it. I have most of that old footage in VG-EX VQ so I am actually looking forward to the new content and seeing how the actual live feed plays out. 

I still think they should do a Network exclusive King of the Ring in June.

You need to watch Goodhelmet's ECW comp and get back to me.

You need to watch Goodhelmet's ECW comp and get back to me.

I hope I'm wrong, but ECW seems like it is the wrestling equivalent of grunge rock, and gangster rap.  There is a lot of it that still rides, but there is a lot of it that makes you wonder why we spent so much time with something that was so little fun.  I hope that it is more like Pearl Jam and Wu-Tang than Candlebox and MC Eiht. 

I wonder if the next generation of Wrestler will grow up and go through the indy's with a mentality more WWE centric because of the network.

From my experience a lot of workers on the Indies work a style like they loved (or try to work at least). Guys who i've worked with love old school, so they work super old school. Guys who like to watch head droppy, do the head droppy. So, in a generation where HOURS of footage is going to be available, with a large portion of the WWE style, I wonder if the indies in the next 5-10 years will look different because of the influence of the WWE network?

Just something I was thinking about.

So Sky TV in the UK have agreed a new 5 year deal to broadcast WWE TV shows - and all the PPV events will now be truly PPV as they will only be available on Sky Box Office.

I wonder how this will affect the rollout of the network there

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews9 hrs

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sports signs new 5-year deal from 2015 with WWE, including all events like Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania.

Just learnt about this now. Bugger. Was going to happen at some point and it's going to next year.

So Sky TV in the UK have agreed a new 5 year deal to broadcast WWE TV shows - and all the PPV events will now be truly PPV as they will only be available on Sky Box Office.

I wonder how this will affect the rollout of the network there

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews9 hrs

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sports signs new 5-year deal from 2015 with WWE, including all events like Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania.

Just learnt about this now. Bugger. Was going to happen at some point and it's going to next year.

I'm completely ignorant about UK sports networks, is this a big deal?  Is this one of those deals that makes it apparent that they are going to make a lot more money from TV contracts, than they have before?