DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

Fuck.  I just realized that this Network is going to ruin my life.  What little free time i have will be spent watching.

Last year I decided to watch 365 different movies and I did it. All my free time was watching shit.

I said I wouldn't do it again but I bet the Network ends up doing the same fucking thing

The first thing I'm going to watch will be Starrcade 97.  My uncle used to work at Turnervision back in the day and he sent me tapes in the mail of WCW ppvs.  I wore out my copies of Starrcade 97 and Souled Out 98.  

From fits of rage?

The first thing I'm going to watch will be Starrcade 97.  My uncle used to work at Turnervision back in the day and he sent me tapes in the mail of WCW ppvs.  I wore out my copies of Starrcade 97 and Souled Out 98.  

From fits of rage?

Hahaha I was young.  I'd take any kind of wrestling I could get back then.   If you ignore the top of the card, it's a decent show.  Eddy vs Dean was tremendous.  Saturn vs Benoit was a fun brawl.  Mongo and Goldberg was enjoyable in a bowling shoe-ugly way.  Even as a kid I HATED Mongo.  He just came off as a huge jock douche and Goldberg steamrolling him was great.

It's no supercard but it has sentimental value.

I think it's just the Monday Night Wars series at least for now.

As far as encores, I had thought/hoped they'd put the latest RAW/SD up but I guess not.

the original FAQ said

Will encores of Raw, SmackDown and Main Event be on WWE Network?
Yes, encores of these programs will be available on WWE Network.

But now says

Will encores of Raw, SmackDown and Main Event be on WWE Network?
The Best of Raw and SmackDown from 2012 and 2013 will be available on WWE Network.

You can add the WWE Network on your ROKU box now.  :)

I hope the screenshots they show is accurate cause I like the idea of seeing "Best of Smackdown" following by World Class TV on live schedule.  And what looks like the Legends of Wrestling library from Classics.

• Like 1

I don't see how this model could not work. The Network is worth a subscription based on the reduced cost of PPV events alone, and on top of that I get virtually every wrestling PPV ever, classic matches and NXT. Why would any fan who has the means not get the Network?