DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network pontificating

Fat Spanish Waiter

I'm sure i'll use the free trial at least and I'm jumping straight to the new content be it Legends House or whatever else. 

Actually, speaking on that, I'm curious how much we'll get at first. Will they follow the netflix format and put the whole season on at once or just an episode a week or what?

I don't know about you, but the few bits I've seen of Legends House looked awful.

They filmed this two years ago, so my guess is, if this was any good they would have been able to sell it to another network by now.

Yes, my friend. That's sort of the point.

How long was the video? My 85 VHS is an hour long, and apparently there's a shorter version.

I don't recall it being that long. Maybe an hour or so? I didn't mean that it had all of those matches on the tape. It seems that the tape I had consisted of a few matches from both of those nights as I remember the Dusty/Flair switch on that tape as well as one of those taped fist matches, Valiant shaving Paul Jones' head and a couple of others. I was about 7 years old so I may be misremembering things.

The Bash 85 tape (the one sold by the Apter maps) only contains part of the card: dusty/tully, flair/nikita, warriors/russians, magnum/kamala and i think clips of the undercard.

Bash 86 apparently had 2 different commercial releases.  The most readily available one has:

Valiant vs. Shaska--Hair vs. Hair/Valiant vs. Jones—Hair vs. Hair/Tully vs. Garvin--Taped Fist/Warriors vs. Koloffs— Russian Chain/Andersons vs. RnR/Magnum vs. Nikita—Match 4 in Best of 7/MX & Cornette vs. Dusty, Magnum & Baby Doll—Cage Match/Dusty wins World title from Flair—Cage Match

It is 2 hrs.

There was a rare release that contained Flair vs. Hawk among other things but I've never seen a match list so I can't offer much help with that other than it did exist.

I'd be interested to know if they would have complete versions of Bash '85 and Crockett Cup 86 in particular.

I'm sure i'll use the free trial at least and I'm jumping straight to the new content be it Legends House or whatever else.

Actually, speaking on that, I'm curious how much we'll get at first. Will they follow the netflix format and put the whole season on at once or just an episode a week or what?

Since, unlike Netflix, the WWE Network has a

24-hour live component, I doubt they'll put them all up at once. They'll probably air like a normal TV show and then be up On Demand after they air.

Bash 86 apparently had 2 different commercial releases.  The most readily available one has:

Valiant vs. Shaska--Hair vs. Hair/Valiant vs. Jones—Hair vs. Hair/Tully vs. Garvin--Taped Fist/Warriors vs. Koloffs— Russian Chain/Andersons vs. RnR/Magnum vs. Nikita—Match 4 in Best of 7/MX & Cornette vs. Dusty, Magnum & Baby Doll—Cage Match/Dusty wins World title from Flair—Cage Match

It is 2 hrs.

There was a rare release that contained Flair vs. Hawk among other things but I've never seen a match list so I can't offer much help with that other than it did exist.

I'd be interested to know if they would have complete versions of Bash '85 and Crockett Cup 86 in particular.

I must've had the one in bold b/c I remember the Flair/Dusty swap and being quite upset over it. I really hated Dusty back then. I also remember my uncle cheering Shaska in the hair vs. hair match b/c of the backstory of Shaska being pissed that Valiant called him "the best Black" athlete instead of just the *best* athlete.

It had a great false finish.

Ref bump. Flair throws Hawk over top rope. Hawk makes comeback and pins Flair.

Tommy Young crawls across the ring, slapping the mat as he crawls.

1-2-3

Crowd goes crazy.

Tommy young then gets up, explains Flair DQed for throwing Hawk overtop rope.

I still wonder how people will get ready for the 24th because you know there are going to be sleepy sleepy people at work on the 25th if at all.    I guess it depends on whether we can actually start watching during the day of the 24th or everything starts after RAW.

Assuming that there will be no TV stuff on the network right now (except current stuff), I will probably take a look at WM 20 to see how they handle things with Benoit.  

It's already dropped a little bit for me hearing they'll be removing shows and adding them as they see fit. I'm still excited, but it's been tempered a bit.

To be fair, we don't know a whole lot about that aspect. I know people hate "wait and see" but we really don't have a choice. Meltzer said a little bit about it but didn't really expand on it and as far as I know WWE hasn't said shit.

It's already dropped a little bit for me hearing they'll be removing shows and adding them as they see fit. I'm still excited, but it's been tempered a bit.

To be fair, we don't know a whole lot about that aspect. I know people hate "wait and see" but we really don't have a choice. Meltzer said a little bit about it but didn't really expand on it and as far as I know WWE hasn't said shit.

Yeah, Meltzer is the only one who seems to have said this.  No mention of this from the WWE yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if all PPVs remained archived, and various other shows were put up and taken down sporadically.  I almost feel like they would have to do that, or else you'd see a lot of people letting their subs go after six months.  In line with that, I'd also expect news of a big addition to the library in about six months time, something like all of the Clashes or MSG shows or something like that to entice people to re-up.

One thing that I think is getting slept on is that they're saying there will be 24-7 programming.  While I'm sure they'll run replays of Legends House, Countdown, etc..., they have to have other stuff to fill the air as well, so it wouldn't surprise me if they reran old shows like WCW Saturday night every Saturday at 6:05 EST, Tuesday Night Titans on Tuesday nights, etc...