DVDVR Message Board

2014 MOVIE OMNIBUS THREAD

RIPPA

May have said this before, but I thought The Mist really needed the Price Is Right losing horn right at the end.

For The Prestige... I can see how the full explanation of the sci-fi part of the ending could be considered stupid.  Not sure if that's what people are referring to, though.

• Like 2

No, just that the ending was "wheeeeee look at this nonsensical bullshit we made up"

The Mist punched me in the gut mostly because Tom Jane is my dude.

Funny you bring him up. I recently ran into an old friend who worked on a shoot with Jane a few months back, and he told me Jane is legit the craziest person he's ever met (and he worked with Nic Cage!). Like, a shoot psychopath.

No, the Prestige was an ok movie until the stupid stupid ending.

Christ that ending is fucking stupid. This is me and FSW agreeing on a movie here.

I'm with Fowler and FSW.

I'm with you guys (out of likes). I know Jingus agrees. Worst Christopher Nolan film.

Actually I liked how he came about creating religion. It just seemed like a preferable way than telling someone they stopped existing. Then people became mindless over it. It certainly felt less abrasive than shit he tweets all the time.

But other than that, it's quite boring.