DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Oh my fucking God..You're drunk. Go home.

And the comments thread at prideofdetroit.com is cracking me up right now. Here's one gem:

We had a very specific plan and profile for our next head coach, and I am convinced that we found that man

driving to Tennessee, so we took this guy instead!

Like someone else said, they could have waited after this week's games, or even after the Super Bowl, to see if they could woo Darrell Bevell or Dan Quinn from the Seahawks. Or, since the Saints were eliminated, they could have reached out to Pete Carmichael. David Shaw from Stanford also comes to mind as a good fit in Detroit.

Maybe it's the people I follow on Twitter, but Seahawk fans ain't exactly gushing over Bevell every game. I don't know if I would make the OC of a middle of the pack offense that would be towards the bottom without Wilson and Lynch a head coach. That's just me though.

Like someone else said, they could have waited after this week's games, or even after the Super Bowl, to see if they could woo Darrell Bevell or Dan Quinn from the Seahawks. Or, since the Saints were eliminated, they could have reached out to Pete Carmichael. David Shaw from Stanford also comes to mind as a good fit in Detroit.

Maybe it's the people I follow on Twitter, but Seahawk fans ain't exactly gushing over Bevell every game. I don't know if I would make the OC of a middle of the pack offense that would be towards the bottom without Wilson and Lynch a head coach. That's just me though.

This. I love the Hawks, but their offense these last 5-6 weeks has been lacking... playing it safe, unimaginative, whatever you want to call it. They are doing just *enough* and then letting their defense do the rest. Not sure you'd want Bevell 100% in charge of a team...

BTW - while I agree that the Lions really didn't need to rush - they were kinda adamant that they wanted a coach with NFL HC experience and to be an offensive minded coach so that narrowed their pool a lot. 

Or dragged Marty out of mothballs.

THIS!  I take this option.

Sure, we'd suffer soul crushing playoff losses, but at least we'd see them in the playoffs.

Caldwell...  Christ, Jim fucking Caldwell?

At least Caldwell, Stafford, Suh and the rest of the Lions promise to deliver a entertaining combustion at some point. I would rather have had Marty back, maybe all the years he spent as a OC again might have made him decent. No coach provided better punchlines Monday morning.

Speaking of Marty, the Football Life episode on him is really great.

I still haven't gotten the Polka out of my head

Well, I had...until now.  THANKS.