DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I don't think the league is going to agree with you and Bill.  Somehow "one of the worst plays he's ever seen" might go unpunished.

I don't think they will either.  Bill definitely overplayed his hand with "one of the worst plays ever".  It doesn't come anywhere near the top 10.  Still a dirty play.

I'd like to see the NFL do something about those plays.  Not so much the dirty kind, like Welker's, but just the general pick play nonsense that they allow to go on.  As a whole I think they call offensive pass interference wwaaaaaaaayyyyyy too infrequently and defensive way too often.  If I were made rules czar for a couple days, pass interference calls and the penalties for it would be the first thing I revamped.  I hate that "underthrow a bomb so my guy gets interfered with" has become a legitimate offensive weapon.  I hate that receivers push off CONSTANTLY and never get called.  I hate that picks are almost never called.  And so on.

Irony:

The Raiders while Al Davis was still alive would've been an amazing Hardknocks.

But Al, no doubt, fought it tooth and nail and only after his death have they become a possibility.

And much less worth showcasing.

Bears Bills Cardinals Giants Jaguars Raiders Rams Steelers

Are all eligible for Hard Knocks. Bears, please.

Remember - they take volunteers first so there might be a couple of other options too.

Peyton should retire and be a part time performer on SNL while starting out as a QB coach at the college level just to see how it goes.

Honestly though, I could see Peyton being an amazing Defensive Coordinator.

The only reason it got no sold was it happened on the same play on which LaMichael James got destroyed. Speaking of, did anyone find it sort of unbelievable that both him and Kearse returned to the game after (presumably) passing concussion testing protocol? Both guys were basically knocked out on the field after a blow to the head. Seemed a little fishy. 

Also, I know he only said it to troll Craig and Burg, but I agree with FSW about Peyton as a coach. I see the same thing happening to him that has happened to many great point guards who have tried to make the jump. They struggle to motivate others when they can't lead by example, and they struggle to teach because everything has always been so readily apparent to them.