DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

See, I don't even care that Tressel was the coach at Ohio or that his ethics are questionable.  That hire bothers me more because Ohio wasn't exactly known for having dynamic - or even consistent - offenses despite having stud athletes all over the place.

Tressel's offense at tOSU usually depended on how good the QB was. when he had good college players like Troy Smith, it was fine. When he had marginal players like Craig Krenzel, it sputtered. No matter what you think of Stafford, he has to be a cut above Troy Smith and Craig Krenzel. Granted, Tressel is ultra conservative and routinely said things like "The most important play in football is the punt". 

I'm a fan of this hire, simply because it probably trolls Bill Barnwell, and we will get some good rants out of it. 

Man, I miss the days that we could read Barnwell 's rants right here, or on Veteran Presence.

Aww... I am pretty sure you confused Bill and Ed and that is making me very very happy

Tressel's offense at tOSU usually depended on how good the QB was. when he had good college players like Troy Smith, it was fine.

Consider Ohio's national championship season (2003):

- they scored 40+ four times

- they scored 30+ two other times

- they scored under 20 four times

Obviously, it's a miracle to win four games in a season where you score under 20 (including one 10-6 win over a pretty good Purdue team).  But that's not what we're looking here.  I'm saying look at the schizophrenic nature of that offense - as many games under 20 as over 40.  That's disconcerting in a really good team.

And that's what has me worried about Vesty McLiarSon running the offense in Detroit.  Yes, they averaged 35 a game when Troy Smith was the QB but...

The Jets extend Rex Ryan through 2015, with options after that.  

And Kellen Winslow Jr was arrested in November for possession of synthetic marijuana, which I know is *shocking*.  But the reason why he was caught was because he apparently was spotted in a Target parking lot, masturbating in his car.

loljets

• Like 1

The Jets extend Rex Ryan through 2015, with options after that.  

And Kellen Winslow Jr was arrested in November for possession of synthetic marijuana, which I know is *shocking*.  But the reason why he was caught was because he apparently was spotted in a Target parking lot, masturbating in his car.

loljets

AH the JEST, the common enemy of all mankind, can't wait for the REx hot seat watch when they start 1-5 or some such. . . 

What happened to Ed, anyway?

EDIT: also, you may be right.

Rippa banned me for laughing at him one too many times when the Giants drafted an Ohio State player.

And seriously, fuck Tressell sideways.  

• Like 1

Kuetsar needs a week's banishment every time he types "JEST" because he thinks it's funny.

Who doesn't like to rub one out in a parking lot with a couple containers of Vaseline? Prudes. :lol:

Actually I think it just describes the organization. . .and yes being a Bills fan is a punishment. . . 

The NFL offseason has to be the most entertaining offseason in all of sports. No sport has more insanity packed into it's down time than the NFL.

I hope Caldwell hires Tressel, I really do. It will make the sports radio so fun to hear. Plus, when they bomb we can a completely new staff in two years and start all over again! Yeah!

This is why we can't have nice things.  

I think my soul died somewhere around #12

The NFL offseason has to be the most entertaining offseason in all of sports. No sport has more insanity packed into it's down time than the NFL.

I hope Caldwell hires Tressel, I really do. It will make the sports radio so fun to hear. Plus, when they bomb we can a completely new staff in two years and start all over again! Yeah!

Soccer is like the NFL multiplied by roughly a billion.