DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Sharper's situation is getting uglier by the day.  We're talking allegations of serial rape, with Sharper possibly taking advantage of women in no position to defend themselves (either too drunk or possibly drugged).

Terrible story.

"Terrible" ain't even the word for it. Ugh

Don't get your hopes up. Leiweke leaving AEG pretty much stopped the project for Farmer's Field in its tracks. We'll see the Las Vegas Vikings before an LA Vikings.

You spelled London wrong. . . 

Then where does Jacksonville go? Frankfurt? Dem folks loved them some Galaxy....

Chicago? Hey, why not? NY has two teams, why not Chicago? That is where Shad's business is located.

* Joking

As much as I hate the Vikings (fuck the Vikings), I'm glad that they're there. Mostly because its the easiest place to get to for an NFL game. Goddamn are those purple fucking jerseys hard on the eyes, though.

Plus, downtown Minneapolis can be a pretty fun place at 2 in the morning.

Goddamn are those purple fucking jerseys hard on the eyes, though.

I've always thought that they were pretty nice. Admittedly, some people can't carry it off.

The "arena league" ones from the past few years weren't great. I like the current ones.

The throwbacks are, have been, and will always be awesome.

I like that the NFL has so many unique uniforms, Vikings included. My one big complaint about the NHL redesigns over the last decade is so many of them boiled down to "black jersey" and "white jersey" (which they've now been moving away from because it's fucking boring). All 32 teams in the NFL are instantly identifiable even to a casual fan.

So Belicheck claims that Wes Welker intentionally tried to injure Talib in the 1st quarter yesterday.   Looking at replays it didn't seem like a serious cheap shot but if anyone would know the weak spot to hit I guess it would be Wes.    Also I seem to remember Welker having a less than favorable opinion of the Pats when leaving.

It was definitely a lot more dirty than your average pick play.  Welker went low and essentially blocked Talib - no pretense at running a route whatsoever.  That in itself is not unusual - it's the going low part that was dirty.  Belichick is right in this case.  He must have heard me cuz I was saying the exact same things at the bar last night.